Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove the Left Knee Bolster (drivers side) but members have been saying the radio has to be removed. It would be easier if I knew the Mfg of this unit but there is know ID except the Alfa script it appears to be original. Anyone try this in the past?
Thanks Again for any input.
Chuck

·
Registered
337 Posts
Take the bezel off the radio, then you have access to the din cage it sits in. You will have to release the tabs with two paper clips or little flat din key. It’s simple, you put the key in the two slots, one on each side, and it keeps the tab away from the indent on the side of the radio. You then can pull the radio out and disconnect the harness. I don’t think you need to remove the console side at all.

Are you going to sell it, I’m interested.

Please pm me

Thank s,

Kevin

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I'm trying to remove the Left Knee Bolster (drivers side) but members have been saying the radio has to be removed. It would be easier if I knew the Mfg of this unit but there is know ID except the Alfa script it appears to be original. Anyone try this in the past?
Thanks Again for any input.
Chuck
View attachment 1623376 View attachment 1623380
Radio looks to be missing the plastic cover that goes around the radio?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its missing the outside cover, and I'm not sure if it works get no audio. It powers up and the antenna goes up smoothly I wish I can find a cassette tape to give that a try the CD player was already disconnected in the trunk not a good sign.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take the bezel off the radio, then you have access to the din cage it sits in. You will have to release the tabs with two paper clips or little flat din key. It’s simple, you put the key in the two slots, one on each side, and it keeps the tab away from the indent on the side of the radio. You then can pull the radio out and disconnect the harness. I don’t think you need to remove the console side at all.

Are you going to sell it, I’m interested.

Please pm me

Thank s,

Kevin

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider
The out side cover is missing as seen in the photos. Your saying the bezel also comes off? To do that I guess all knobs have to be removed and then it pops off? The radio powers up but no audio. CD player in the trunk was already disconnected so I'm not sure if its working. Looking for an old cassette tape to give that a try.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The out side cover is missing as seen in the photos. Your saying the bezel also comes off? To do that I guess all knobs have to be removed and then it pops off? The radio powers up but no audio. CD player in the trunk was already disconnected so I'm not sure if its working. Looking for an old cassette tape to give that a try.
Also do you know the make and model# of this unit? It only shows the Alfa Romeo script on the front.
Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
as said above the trim (bezel) is already off, so you just need to poke down the sides between radio and the tin DIN mount, with something thin, to release a spring catch of sorts.

there was the identical radio (yes, it's a Clarion) for sale a while back, showing the plastic outer trim missing on yours
For Sale - 1993 Spider OEM Radio

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for your input. Now I have the MFG. it should be easier to get the correct model#.
Thanks,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Most of those radios can be released by inserting long, thin, flat metal arms along the two sides. There are little catches located about 3" or 4" back from the face in the center of both sides that need to be tripped before the unit will slide out. Screw drivers will not work because the shafts are too thick on the ones which are long enough to reach back there, and the smaller ones are too short. The metal of the release tools is only about 1mm thick. Search by manufacturer on eBay you will find the proper ones.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most of those radios can be released by inserting long, thin, flat metal arms along the two sides. There are little catches located about 3" or 4" back from the face in the center of both sides that need to be tripped before the unit will slide out. Screw drivers will not work because the shafts are too thick on the ones which are long enough to reach back there, and the smaller ones are too short. The metal of the release tools is only about 1mm thick. Search by manufacturer on eBay you will find the proper ones.
Do you know how to obtain the radio code for the Fujitsu Ten head unit?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,524 Posts
Call Alfa Parts in Berkeley with the serial number and ask nicely and they may be able to look it up for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts