Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched the bb, but could not find anything on it...could anyone give me some pointers..thanks...engine and windshield out of car if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
199 Posts
There are 4 mounting points. Two outer ones and two on the firewall. The outer ones you can see if you look up under the side of the dash. In the pic you can see the passenger mount with a stud sticking out of it on the right side. I don't remember now, but I want to say there might be a hole through the glovebox that gives you easier access to the passenger side one. The two on the firewall are accessed through the two vent holes on the top of the dash. You have to remove the vents and tubes to be able to get to it. You can see the recessed areas just below the windshield where it mounts. You will obviously also want to disconnect all gauges, wiring, etc. before yanking it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
The outside mounts are slotted so the nuts don't have to come off the studs, except on the left because the several ground wires from the dash have to come off.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I also removed the vertical bolster on each A Pillar. My dash came out easier with these two parts removed - 3 screws each; very easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts