Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
And... please remind me if the seat backs are handed left and right or interchangeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Would someone please tell me how to remove the seat headrest adjuster knob? Also, where do those wood rollers belong?

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
The wood rollers go towards the rear half in between the middle and bottom rails. They sit on top of the wide spring that rests on the bottom rail. I made rollers from this..
Abrasion-Resistant Polyurethane Rubber Rods
Stronger than natural rubber, these polyurethane rods combine the shock-absorbing qualities of rubber with the tear resistance of plastic. Use them to seal narrow spaces such as channels.
Rods

Color: Black
Temperature Range: -20° to 200° F
Tensile Strength: 40A sheets: 800 psi; 60A sheets: 4,100; 80A sheets: 6,350 psi; 90A sheets: 5,500 psi; 95A sheets: 6,500 psi; 75D sheets: 8,000 psi
For Use Outdoors: Yes

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I should have asked, how many ofg these rollers are in each seat? And, how to remove the head rest adjust knob?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
If you go to the beginning of this thread i believe I explain the headrest. I forget by now. 4 rollers per seat I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
there are two per seat at least that's what was in mine.

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
My seats had one per rail but who knows maybe all four rails lost one. One rail didn't have even the one so I only had three total so I made one.

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
Guess I'll make four more:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great thread Rus, I think I'll try and tackle my seats this winter, thank you for the great write-up.

Is everyone in agreement that Alfaholic's seat covers are the best to go with for my 71?

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
The ones I got from CA are also excellent they are made in Italy and are most likely from the same manufacturer. Same for the body panels. I would go with the vendor you feel the most comfortable with. All the UK suppliers are top notch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can I get some advise on how to remove the plastic hand roller. Must I remove the center lock plate if so how? Pry it or rotate the plastic wheel clockwise? It does not budge!

Thnx

Attachments

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Wonderful write-up - just in time for my new project - thank you! Question on the seat adjustment covers - they are sold as a set of 4 but I have never seen them on the inner bracket - in fact, I don't think they fit on. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
In photo b2 - my GTV seats do not have the metal piece that sticks out = what is the trick to getting the two parts of the rails apart?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Wonderful write-up - just in time for my new project - thank you! Question on the seat adjustment covers - they are sold as a set of 4 but I have never seen them on the inner bracket - in fact, I don't think they fit on. Thoughts?
Covers are only used on the outboard seat hinges afaik.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts