Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'64 Spider Normale (Bought new), now "abnormale"; '91 Spider Veloce
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit ago, I disassembled the map pocket from the door card. Would anyone have photos that will help me in re-assembling it?

The photo Map Pocket attachment.JPG showing where things stand may (?) be useful.
This is where I'm stuck! Please help.
Thanks, much!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,496 Posts
Geez it's been a while. IIRC the springs mount between the plastic tabs on the pocket and the board. The bent end (without the slot) is oriented upwards and pointing in towards the interior. The idea is that the spring pressure holds the pocket closed.

I'm going from memory here so hopefully someone else can verify.

Not uncommon for those springs to break over time, in which case your pockets get floppy. A fix for this is to tuck some foam in the opening under the pocket to hold them closed: if done properly you can't see it and you can still pull the pocket open easily.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have an S3 but the install is very similar. I found the following link helpful when I fixed my map pocket.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,496 Posts
Yeah, that's it. If you look closely you can see those bent springs installed under the black plastic tabs on the pocket.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not uncommon for those springs to break over time, in which case your pockets get floppy. A fix for this is to tuck some foam in the opening under the pocket to hold them closed: if done properly you can't see it and you can still pull the pocket open easily.
Thanks for the tip! I've got a case of "floppy map box" and wasn't relishing the idea of removing the door card again since it is such an ordeal to reattach the thing. I'll try the foam method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts