How to create a new thread on the site.
- First you have to be a registered member (2 step process) of the site and logged in. If you are not a registered user you can register via this link. Basic registration is FREE and only takes about 2 minutes to complete.
- Navigate to the forum where you would like your thread to be listed under. (ex. GT, Spider, engine building, etc...)
- When on a forum page you will see a blue "New Topic" button near the top left and bottom left of each page.
- Click on the "New Topic" button and it will take you to the thread creation page.
- Add your title which will show in the forum list.
- Add your text inside the message box. You can use the tools above the message box to edit and format your text.
- To add a image follow steps 8-11 or skip to step 12 if you would like to just post your message without any attachments.
- To attach a file go to the Attach Files section and click on the "Manage Attachments" button.
- To "Upload File(s) from your Computer" click on browse button then locate the image on your computer. Once the image has been selected click on upload. There are image file size limitations (249k) so if your images are to large you will get an error during the upload process. Repeat this step if you want to post more then one image. Skip to step #12.
- To "Upload File from a URL" enter URL of the desired image and click on upload. Repeat this step if you want to post more then one image. Skip to step #12.NOTE: There is a max setting of five images per post. If you don't have a good image editor to resize your images I suggest using a free Google application called Picasa which has worked well for me for basic image editing.
- When finished attaching images click on "close window" link (top right) and continue back to the thread creation page.
- On the thread creation page you can click on either "Submit New Thread" button which is at the bottom of each section to complete your post.
- After step #12 You should be taken to your newly created thread. Take a few seconds to review your posting. If there is something that you would like to change or edit you can use the "edit" button located at the bottom right side of your posting.