Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings -

Sorry this may be out of place, but I'm getting private messages from a member turing that can only be spam to click the url within his message. While I would not like to block private messages altogether, is there another way of blocking individuals?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Interesting. "turing" is a relatively new member and hasn't had a single post on AlfaBB. In his profile, near the top right, there is a link to "Add turing to Your Ignore List." See if this helps. If it doesn't help, I suggest you send an e-mail with a complaint to Simon and make him aware of the problem.

If anybody else has this kind of problem, please speak up to see how big the problem is.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ruedi, I had a pm this morning from same person, I thought it was you about the paint codes when I saw the name started with Tu. It simply said Hi I'm new here and wanted to see how you are doing. Well I thought it was odd at best and personally hope it was spam!:(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello
I just got one of those PMs t00!!!

turing
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2007

Greeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I'm new here and just wanted to say "hi"

How's it going?

---
turing
http://turing.freehostia.com

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
You can forward any questionable PM's to me "smestas". If it is SPAM I'll make sure to bann them from the site.

This has happen once or twice before.
Simon,

I think the web site has some vulnerabilities with respect to Spam attacks via PM.

Once a valid UserID is established, it's easy to create a spambot for PMs. All users are referred to by sequential number (you're user #1). Therefore, creating a Spambot that cranks through all numbers is relatively easy.

What's needed is a mechanism like kaptcha that enforces authentication for each and every PM and/or e-mail posting through AlfaBB.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Let us know what you need in terms of support to make this happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts