Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen,

I want to change my light bulbs an clean the reflectors...

well easier said than done....

Is there a simple to follow istruction of how to access these ......g light bulbs.... without destroying/distorting everything?

Thank you for your help.

OUPS forgot to say that its a Softnose Single Headlamp 1600 GT Junior

Regards from Switzerland

Thomas Linser

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Hello Thomas, if you are asking about the two lamps on the outside of the grill then shouldn't those come off via a screw and then you have access to the bulbs? Or, as you asking about removing the whole assembly?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Thomas, if you are asking about the two lamps on the outside of the grill then shouldn't those come off via a screw and then you have access to the bulbs? Or, as you asking about removing the whole assembly?
Hello Tdskip,

thank you for your reply. From my understanding, I have to remove first the stainless steel (the chrome) trims, to gain access to the mounting bracket that holds the light-unit.

Well I tried to pry off these rims, but I couldnt figure out how, and was worried about ditorting everything

A friend of mine said that they are just clipped inn, thus not retained by a screw and honnestly I couldn't figure out any screw, I speak of course only of the crhome/stainless rim trim.

When I try to simply pull them off, it looks as they where retained by something and I couldn't figure out by what they are retained, hence my question.

best regards Toli0815

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just pull that little locking thing at clock 17.00.
The small adjustment screws are not to bee touched, it slides out of them.
The chrome ring should just be pulled out, in my case hard....

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mossbo,

Thank you very much for the picture that indeed helped me to change 1x Light Bulb on the right hand side... the other Stainless steel Rim on the left hand side sticks like glue....even if from you pcture I understood now that there are some metallic prungs that are mean to hold the stainless rim down. Its really a PIA.

The most funny thing... if its meant to be funny.... was that after changing the light bulb... guess what... I switched the lights on and the car started to horn "TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU".... then I drove a bit with healdights off and turned the on after a while and .... hurray.... the horn stopped and lights where working how they should.... strange no?

Kind regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts