Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the tips on the gas leak and fuel lines. We are gonna replace them all and change out the fuel filters. We found a few other items in need of repair. The water pump needed changing. The belt for the Spica Fuel Injector sytem had a lot of build up.

Can anyone assist in the best way to replace this belt? There is not a lot of play. Do you have to remove the Spica itself? ?? Boy I hope not!

Brent

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
No, it does take some finesse though. I spray silicone lube on tge belt and pull the belt forward off the pulley with a suitable tool. Slowly rotate the engine and the belt will run off. Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
Slowly rotate the engine and the belt will run off.
gigem75: Are you talking about removal or re-installation?

I have used that procedure to install the new belt: wrap it around the pulley on the crankshaft, and just get the edge of it started on the big pulley at the pump. Rotate the engine, and it will "walk" itself on. You can even use the starter to spin the engine; doesn't have to be slow.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
Basically the same procedure, just reversed. I haven't tried cranking taking it off. I would probably get a finger spun between the belt and pulley. I can see how cranking would be good/easier for putting it on though. Pull off, push on!

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Step 1: Clean the crap off that area!!!
Step 2: What everyone else suggested....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the tips!! I appreciate the help.
Belt is coming in the mail and will give it the go early next week.
Will definitely clean the crap off!

Brent
1979 Spider Veloce

1 - 9 of 9 Posts