Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I've admired alfas for so long and decided to make the investment into one. A Montreal - because of the styling and that exhaust note. Not the most rational reasons but that's how I like to collect, and I'm not a stranger to vintage cars.

Given there are so few around here in california I haven't had a chance to test one thing: Will I fit.

I am 6'4". I drive among other things an e-type coupe (with the seat fix mounted to spare every inch), so I am used to knees up driving, and it seems the dished wheel on Montreal's are like that for that reason.

So how tall are you? Di you have to remove padding or fix mount the seat?

thanks in advance.
tj

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
TJ, you may just fit in a 'stock' Montreal but at 6'4" you would probably be more comfortable with one of the very last ones made in ~1976. They had a shortened backseat, by about 2 inches, which allowed more room for the front seat to slide back. You are about 2" taller then me and I push the seat all the way back and have 2-3" of head space. My fishing buddy Brent says that he is 6'5" but seems taller, could not sit comfortably in the car because his legs and neck are too long.
Mark

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Like Ironblock, I am '6"2 and am quite comfortable in Montis.
Best way is to test sit though.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I'm '6"4 and fit in mine quite well. Plenty of room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts