Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man hurt using gun to change tyre

A US man has injured himself in both legs after attempting to loosen a stiff wheel-nut by blasting it with his gun. The 66-year-old man from Washington state was repairing his car outside his home when the accident took place.

Shooting at the wheel from arm's length with his 12-gauge shotgun, he was peppered with buckshot and debris.

The man - who police say was on his own and not intoxicated - was taken to hospital with severe, but not life-threatening, injuries.

The man, from South Kitsap, 10 miles (16km) southwest of Seattle, had been repairing his Lincoln Continental for two weeks, according to the police, and had removed all but one of the nuts on the right rear wheel.

Frustrated by the one remaining nut which refused to budge, he resorted to fire power in an effort to shift it.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," said Deputy Scott Wilson, a spokesman from the sheriff's office.

He sustained injuries from his feet to the middle of his abdomen, with some pellets reaching as high as his chin, police said.

From the website of the BBChttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7091904.stm.
:rolleyes:

Over on this side of The Pond, people tend to use a hammer in the frustrated belief that a whack in the right place can fix anything ... but shooting the **** thing?!? I blame Elvis ...

Has anyone else on here used extreme violence on a car, truck, lawnmower, golf buggy, whatever? And, if you did it to an Alfa, perhaps you ought to set up an alias account :D

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport
1,544 Posts
The man - who police say was on his own and not intoxicated

What??? Are they sure??

Never once used violence--but I have walked away and had a couple of drinks!

·
Premium Member
13,711 Posts
A guy that I worked with drove an old Vega with poor door fit. One day it was raining hard and when he got home there were pools of water in the floor pans. He shot drain holes in the floor with his pistol and never had the problem again.
Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
2 x 88 Vrde's

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:rolleyes:
A US man has injured himself in both legs after attempting to loosen a stiff wheel-nut by blasting it with his gun. The 66-year-old man from Washington state was repairing his car outside his home when the accident took place.

Shooting at the wheel from arm's length with his 12-gauge shotgun, he was peppered with buckshot and debris.

D
:rolleyes:Problem again is not with the gun but with the selection of his round. A shotgun and Buckshot is not the preferred choice for a wheel/tire removal. This would be my weapon of choice. I'm a firm believer in Ruark's statement, "Use Enough Gun."

Attachments

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A guy that I worked with drove an old Vega with poor door fit. One day it was raining hard and when he got home there were pools of water in the floor pans. He shot drain holes in the floor with his pistol and never had the problem again.
Anyone seen Top Gear recently? They tried to cross a river in Africa while driving a Lancia Montecarlo and, surprise surprise, the floor wells filled up with water. So they found a passing hunter with an elephant gun .....

So funny I almost fell off my chair :D

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Quote:
The 66-year-old man from Washington state was repairing his car outside his home when the accident took place.

The man - who police say was on his own and not intoxicated - was taken to hospital with severe, but not life-threatening, injuries.

Hey! I resemble that remark.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts