Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to change your six tie rods and the clutch master cylinder on your car??
It took my neighbor 7 hours and I "supervised."

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would imagine the car still needs to be aligned. 7 hrs is a long day for those 2 items, but it was probably done without a lift. $20 - $30 per hr is a fair rate, but I would ask him how much you can pay him. Let him put a $ amount on it. $200 should be the limit. The most important thing is that the work is complete and remember to get the front end aligned.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Depends on your relationship with your neighbor. I would do it for a 12 pack of good beer for certain neighbors, wouldn't touch it for others. I'd do it for free for family/friends, long as they kept me company. Trying to help someone you hardly know who took 7 hours would be worth $200 as a nice gesture.

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Be thankful that you have a Spider and not a GTV6 or Milano. A clutch master can be a weekend job on a V6 car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm firmly with Duke58. This is a hobby for most of us. An Alfa car buddy is a valuable thing. Chalk up a couple of drinks, trade 'em back when you need some help on your Alfa (bleeding brakes, anyone) sometime.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll go with $150, may be $200. He's a great guy and it was a lot of work. I used to buy a couple cases of beer, but his wife got really angry last time. And Yes.. just got an alignment! The car really needed it despite the fact that I was so careful putting everything together.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
If you supervised I would double duke58 #'s
If you helped ..then triple !!

jk

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
The only right price is the one you two agreed on.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
If it was his favor to you then you need to find something he needs that he can "assist" you in doing for him!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Pay him enough that he will WANT to help you in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts