Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t been on this forum in years. Just decided to sell my ‘73 GTV. Not in showroom condition but she’s a beauty and runs great.

Any tips on selling it? I used to get so many notes in my windshield with people begging to buy it, wish I kept them. Is listing it on Craigslist a bad idea? How much should I ask for? I’m in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Facebook seems to be a good place from what I have heard... your local friends in the Alfa world should be able to steer you on price. also past history on Bring A Trailer but only the last year. The market has softened to disregard anything that is older than that.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I would look on Hagarty and NADA price guide for recent values and what a reasonable reserve would be. List the car on Bring a Trailor and find out exactly what it is worth!

·
Super Moderator
11,374 Posts
Is listing it on Craigslist a bad idea? How much should I ask for? I’m in Los Angeles.
You can give CL a shot, but it wouldn't be my first choice. CL tends to be were cheap beaters get sold, though nicer cars occasionally show up there. Still, my sense is that the culture on CL is for buyers to offer 1/2 the listed price no matter what is being sold or how much is being asked. Plus it attracts a lot of scammers, people wanting to sell you something, ...

Bring a Trailer is seems to be the favored site for people selling their own cars (as opposed to selling through an auction house like Bonhams, Southebys, etc).

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I sold an old Alfa on Ebay and had a great result! Unlike BAT, you get to set your reserve without interference...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody know about the current market? Is it smarter to wait a year or two or is this a decent time to sell?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I sold a daily driver GTV in good mechanical repair at my local Cars and Coffee gathering a few years ago. The people attending these gathering are always car enthusiasts and some know Alfas. There was a lively and informed discussion about my car with two people test driving it. These two then started making offers. Overall it was an agreeable transaction for me and the buyer. The lady still owns is car and occasionally brings it to C & C gathers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts