Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
At least half of them that I see on ebay are missing the straps. I'd say $100-$150 without straps or $150-$200 with straps is the current range.

Hint: you can use the latches from an '80-'81 monofarfal Spica airbox to fabricate authentic looking straps. The latch is the same - unlike the latches on earlier Spica airboxes. Looks a lot better than big hose clamps.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, it's the one on ebay. he says the straps are good. It's about $215 shipped. I have heard that these need to be cut up/ or modified or something to flow well. What's the deal?

·
Premium Member
21,359 Posts
It's a straight bolt-on to the Webers. Depending on which engine you have, you may need to modify the length of the support strut coming up from the motor mount. Also, the snorkel on this one may have to be shortened in a particular application. Inside, they hold just a long cylindrical element like inside a Spica airbox.

Andrew

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, that is what i have heard, cutting more holes to breathe better. what type of filter element do these use?

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
Hey Ken:
That car in your profile picture looks familiar.
Ed

·
Premium Member
13,486 Posts
I suppose that I could keep my picture, at least until I get my spider painted. It will represent my final, lasting view of the GTV
Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts