Alfa Romeo Forums banner

How many here are also members of the AROC (USA)?

• I am an AROC member who later joined the BB.

Votes: 89 83.2%
  • I am a BB member who later joined the AROC.

Votes: 18 16.8%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an anonymous poll, to get a feel for how many AROC members are active on the BB. (And I realize that some AROC members may have opened a user id, but since they are not necessarily regular BB participants, they may not see this poll...)

Of course, you don't have to keep yourself anonymous, and comments or questions are always welcomed.

I am choosing to disclose the following about myself. I am an AROC member and have been for some time. Certainly, I have been an AROC member much longer than I have been a BB member. I belong to two AROC chapters and I am active with both groups. I am also the newsletter editor for one of those chapters.

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I've been an AROC member for 22 years and am affiliated with the NY, CT and New England chapters, in addition to being a member of the Giulietta Register.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I've been a member longer than I've had a driver's license.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
my $0.02

I've been a member of NWARC since before I bought my first ALFA, a 1987 Spider, purchased in 1997. I was also a member of AROO, but let that lapse last year when I contributed a Verde membership to AROC.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
This is an anonymous poll, to get a feel for how many AROC members are active on the BB. (And I realize that some AROC members may have opened a user id, but since they are not necessarily regular BB participants, they may not see this poll...)

Of course, you don't have to keep yourself anonymous, and comments or questions are always welcomed.

I am choosing to disclose the following about myself. I am an AROC member and have been for some time. Certainly, I have been an AROC member much longer than I have been a BB member. I belong to two AROC chapters and I am active with both groups. I am also the newsletter editor for one of those chapters.

Best regards,
AROC member since the early 80's, active in AONE and at the national level (new on the BoD). Had the great honor and privilege of being mentored in Alfas by Fred DiMatteo and Paul Glynn, also had the great honor to know people like Pat Braden, Don Black, John Hertzman (I still stay in touch with him!), and others too many to name. Some of my best friends are folks I've met through my affiliation with the club, the Digest, the BB, and of course the cars themselves.

I've only been on the BB for a couple of years now, but I was on the Digest and meeting Internet Alfa friends since the late 80's.

Great community of folks!

bs

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've been a member of AROC since 1974 and have always had at least one running Alfa since 1973. I currently have a 1971 Spider and a 1971 GTV that are in storage waiting for spring. I'm also on the Digest ad used to be on GTV Talk.

Dick Stachowiak
Syracuse, NY

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
I have been an AROC member since the early 60's. Membership #2784. I joined the Ohio Valley chapter (Cincinnati) after meeting one of the founding members at the National Convention in Aspen Colorado in 1973.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I became a member of this BB while I was researching my first Alfa purchase, and joined AROC shortly there after.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Ditto to the above.:)

·
Registered
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,938 Posts
I joined the AROC after I bought my first Alfa since moving to the USA, and am still a member. I was on the Alfa Digest until the AlfaBB became available. I'm on a few more international Alfa boards, but rarely visit them as I've found our board to be so much better! I hope we can get the bickering to stop though.....it really affected the Alfa Digest at a certain point....but this is all a sideline

·
1991 164L
27,634 Posts
AROC and FLU

I have been a member of Fiat Lancia Unlimted (FLU) since 1984 and AROC since 1991. Sold my last Fiat Spider and Bertone X1/9 in 95. Have been driving my 164 since new in 91 and have gone through couple GTV6, one Milano and a one Spica Spider since 1995.

I was Prez of FFCAROC chapter 1997-2000 and have been a member of MAARC chapter since 1992. I was on AROC BOD few years ago and have been the 164 Tech advisor for about 3 years.

I enjoy sharing info on the 164 and some other models if I have info to share.

I bought out a closed repair shop's tech pubs, tools and test equipment some years ago so have pretty good tech data center.

Have made many friends through this alfaBB, 164 digest, AROC and FLU conventions and just about any gearhead event that happens along.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I've been a member longer than I've had a driver's license.
Hey Mike, I just noticed....
You must have been a member since before you could sign your name:D

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Jackalope???

That Gordy Hyde....what a weisenheimer...!

What happen to the Jr avatar? Sorry for the hijack!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I'm a National and San Diego chapter member and I hope to make a convention here soon enough.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Hey Mike, I just noticed....
You must have been a member since before you could sign your name:D
Now that you mention it, my school bus did seem shorter than the others.................

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Alfa lover since I was 9 years old. AROC USA member since I moved to the USA in 1999 from Canada. Active member of MAARC '99-'07, active member of Capital Chapter since August '07. Chapter Secretary since December. I have the Alfa Badge as a tattoo on my upper left arm.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
AROC member for over thirty years, bought my first Alfa over forty-five ago. Long before this great BB, AROC was my source of tech articles & help (thanks Joe Benson & so many others), networking (remember including code letters about whether or not you could lend tools, coffee, or a bed to a traveler?), classifieds, finding vendors; AROC was my window to the wonderful world of Alfas and Alfisti.
Wil

1 - 20 of 63 Posts