Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 giulia spider with a limited-slip differential and disk brakes installed by previous owner. That ham-handed fool installed the axle without any parking brake shoes on the right side, and so the cables could not be connected. I installed a new(ish) brake support plate and want to reconnect the cables, but they are essentially a greasy, mangled ball of spaghetti. I would like a picture, diagram, or useful description of how the linkages and cables are attached to the differential so I can first evaluate if I have the correct and complete parts, and second install them correctly. If you have any useful image or are willing to stick your camera up in that place where the sun don't shine, I will be eternally grateful.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Olaf
Wacht een minuut!
This is a good question and it does not fit into any particular forum ...

mossman - Welcome to the AlfaBB.
So you have a complete rear axle with LSD installed in a 65 Spider?

Do you know exactly what the axle assembly came from?
It's not a critical point but it would answer what disc brake assemly is mounted to it ... shall we guess that it has ATE brakes?

Did the PO weld "ears" on the axle tubes to utilize the 65 Giulia trailing arms?

Answer these questions (and add pics if possible) and we can describe what is needed to adapt your mongrel system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts