Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to loosen power steering belt on Verde 91L rescue project as it was way to tight from previous owner's setting. I managed to get pulley and belt on after engine repair but then had to remove lower rear timing belt cover to get wrenches and sockets in to loosen 4 bolts holding pump.

Here is picture of tools I used 13 mm crowsfoot, 13mm offset wrench, 17 mm socket and 8 mm allen wrench. It was pretty easy with strut out of the way and TB cover off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I see all the tools in use but the craws foot, or am I missing something, just wondering where you use it, I have wondered where to use this tool on the PS pump as someday I have to do my belt. Thank you as always for the post,

Jon

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see all the tools in use but the craws foot, or am I missing something, just wondering where you use it, I have wondered where to use this tool on the PS pump as someday I have to do my belt. Thank you as always for the post,

Jon

Looks like I posted couple pictures of using socket didn't I? I used crowsfoot on bolt behind that banjo fitting and offset wrench on bolt behind it. I used socket on top bolt that rear TB cover bolts too. and of course allen wrench on bottom bolt.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Looks like I posted couple pictures of using socket didn't I? I used crowsfoot on bolt behind that banjo fitting and offset wrench on bolt behind it. I used socket on top bolt that rear TB cover bolts too. and of course allen wrench on bottom bolt.
I just took off banjo fitting instead. Made a big mess but I consoled myself that I was changing the power steering fluid. :D

I re-annealed copper washer using a blue flame from butane torch - quite slow but eventually after several minutes, washer heats to red-hot, then after being dropped in cold water becomes nice and malleable again to give a good seal.

-Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts