Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - I'm looking at a 1973 Spider that has lost it's bumpers. Any coaching on how hard it will be, or what sort of cubic dollars will be needed to source driver+ quality replacements?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
$1K used if you're lucky. That was 5 years ago. Probably worse now as there ain't many left. Once you remove the bumpers from an S2 Spider, it becomes a $500 parts car. Another of my pet peeves.

Yeah, I'm feeling cranky today.

·
Registered
560 Posts
First call I'd make would be to Larry at APE (Alfa Parts Exchange) in CA. His number is in the supplier list sticky in the Anything about Alfas forum.

Best regards,

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not to worry.........

Yo,
You live in So. Ca.? Come on over to Ramona (near San Diego). I have three complete front, and two rear bumpers. All will need some work, but are priced accordingly. I got these from Foreign Auto Menders when he quit the business. You really need to see these in person. If you are somewhat handy, you should be able to make a really nice set. If not, I have a Brit friend who worked in the Bentley factory massaging stainless that can restore them. PM me. James.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are great - thanks for all the info.

James - PM sent.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
If worse comes to worst, it's worth knowing that they can be sourced new from Europe. 365.55 euros for a single front, 575.63 euros for a rear.

Alfa-Service

Alfa-Service

·
Supporting Vendor
4,448 Posts
If worse comes to worst, it's worth knowing that they can be sourced new from Europe. 365.55 euros for a single front, 575.63 euros for a rear.
We also have the bumpers in stock here in the USA, at similar costs.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys - went down a met James. Super cool guy, thanks for all the responses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts