Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My collection of Alfa Romeo literature is heavily depleted after some fund raising was required to buy my latest project. I still love the original user manuals and advertisements as they had a certain style to them that you don't see these days. Some of the drawings are just beautiful.

Anyways, I was just wondering how you lit junkies stored your paper. I have usually just used plastic sleeves with black cardboard backing in ring binders (Alfa of course). I have got a hankering to throw some in my Alfa 90 suitcase as well!

Show us how you file 'em!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
How Do You Store Your Alfa Literature?

My collection of Alfa Romeo literature is heavily depleted after some fund raising was required to buy my latest project. I still love the original user manuals and advertisements as they had a certain style to them that you don't see these days. Some of the drawings are just beautiful.

Anyways, I was just wondering how you lit junkies stored your paper. I have usually just used plastic sleeves with black cardboard backing in ring binders (Alfa of course). I have got a hankering to throw some in my Alfa 90 suitcase as well!

Show us how you file 'em!
Sorry, all you get is words on how I store mine. I have 4 bookcases, 5 filing cabinets and some in boxes. My books are in the bookcases; Alfa Owners, Quadrifoglios, and slides are standing in hanging folders in the file cabinets; miscellaneous binders are in the bookcases and slides that are not in plastic pages are housed in slide boxes or carousels. There are also some photographs in the hanging files in the file cabinets.

HTH.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, all you get is words on how I store mine. I have 4 bookcases, 5 filing cabinets and some in boxes. My books are in the bookcases; Alfa Owners, Quadrifoglios, and slides are standing in hanging folders in the file cabinets; miscellaneous binders are in the bookcases and slides that are not in plastic pages are housed in slide boxes or carousels. There are also some photographs in the hanging files in the file cabinets.

HTH.
I'd imagine you have quite the collection Cheryl and I understand you not wanting to post pics. I hope you have set about digitizing some of your slides as I am sure there are some amazing historical records amongst them. :cool2:

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I'd imagine you have quite the collection Cheryl and I understand you not wanting to post pics. I hope you have set about digitizing some of your slides as I am sure there are some amazing historical records amongst them. :cool2:
Pat started digitizing 35 mm developed film strips before he died and some of the slides. It's a project that hasn't been completed because I've had higher priorities. One of which is electronically cataloging the library in a searchable database by field to establish what was paid for the books and what they're actually worth now because I have limited editions, out of print material, one of a kind memorabilia etc. that have been collected over the years. While I've kept track over the years to some degree, not in the format that the accountant and trust attorney request/require. So I'm on a mission that seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is some distance away, while I'm still working full-time and have other life circumstances that all demand time. But you're correct, imo, I have a pretty amazing collection, including Pat's original manuscripts and resource material. How far we've come in my life time -- Pat's first book on Ferrari, was written with a typewriter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have 4 bookcases, 5 filing cabinets and some in boxes
Personally I cant imagine taking up that much space for reference material. Most all of my literature is digital. This includes manuals, music and casual reading material.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Personally I cant imagine taking up that much space for reference material. Most all of my literature is digital. This includes manuals, music and casual reading material.
I get the feeling that you are of a different generation then some of the rest of us..

But it's nice to know that there are a few of your generation that will carry on in the tradition and not experience their "car connected hobbies" in front of an LED screen using their thumbs to drive the car of their dreams .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lots of cardboard boxes untill I finaly can afford a house with a big concrete Floor attick.. :-(
Thom

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
How Do You Store Your Alfa Literature?

I'm going to guess that you haven't authored seven books, hundreds of articles, etc. either with research and resource material readily at hand, as my husband has. There would have been an eighth had circumstances permitted. The contract was in the final stages when he died.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts