Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1984 GTV6
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a few additional modern gauges to my (84) GTV6 and I can't find an existing path thru the firewall. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to have any open penetrations in my firewall (I have AC) to run new control and power wires thru. I also have a new heat shield installed on my engine bay firewall, so I can't see anything, and I don't want to just start tearing holes in it. So far, the largest cables are for an AEM UEGO O2 sensor and digital controller which has two cables that have ~12x6x4 mm connectors installed on each end that needs to find a path thru or around the firewall. All the penetrations I see are full with no space remaining for anything larger than two 14awg gauge wires.

How do you route larger cables thru a GTV6 firewall?

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
When I had to run some additional wires for megasquirt I found a way through an existing cable route near the brake booster. I sold the car so I cannot send you a picture.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
If you have the proper tools and take a picture beforehand, you can de-pin the O2 sensor connector and feed the wires through the existing small hole, then snap the pins back in.

Or, you could route the cable through the shifter hole and under the center console if the wire is long enough.

·
Registered
1984 GTV6
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect, this is exactly what I needed. I successfully pushed/wiggled a long blunt (.25”) rod thru the existing cable route near the brake booster. With one (1) of the two (2) O2 sensor cables de-pinned and a little (ton) lube (Simple Green) on everything, I pulled three (3) 0.25” sheathed cables and a future pull wire. Without your input this wasn't going to happen tonight.
Thank you, Gurus Alfaparticle and cda951.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts