Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I get deeper and deeper into my 73 GTV project, I'm starting to consider a full respray. I need the engine bay and hood painted anyway, and at this point I have the car nearly totally stripped down. Of course this is sort of nuts since I bought the car largely because it was just sprayed in Glasurit (Rosso). New Old Alfa | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
But then again, i've come this far so I might as well get what I want out of the car.

I've become mildly obsessed with Grigio Indaco and I'm wondering how one would specify this color to a body shop? Is there some sort of RAL or mix code that the AR colors can be crossreferenced with? From what I've read this is an especially subtle color with just a bit of indigo/blue in it. How have you all handled this?

PS if anyone has pics of a 2L GTV in this color (or white which is my runner up color) please post!

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/54677-fs-1971-1750gtv-beautiful-restoration.html
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/76560-fs-1971-giulia-1300-super.html

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Here's a 1750 GTV for sale in England that's Grigio Indaco. Gotta love these non-metallic colors on classics such as this.

You can find the formula by going to the Glasurit Classic Car Colors page and clicking "Color Online Search for a formula" on the left. Enter 735 in the "Code" box and "Start Search". Highlight "Alfa Romeo Grigio Indaco", then "Glasurit Line 22" in the Paint Line box. Click "Next" and you should be there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Body shops understand factory paint codes. If the color is not in the database it can sometimes be matched to a chip at the manufacture's headquarters. Also if you have a small spot of paint on the car it can be read by a spectrometer.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - very useful link!

I will go on record saying that is the nicest GTV1750 I have ever seen. Unbelievably color combination. Just perfect.

Here's a 1750 GTV for sale in England that's Grigio Indaco. Gotta love these non-metallic colors on classics such as this.

You can find the formula by going to the Glasurit Classic Car Colors page and clicking "Color Online Search for a formula" on the left. Enter 735 in the "Code" box and "Start Search". Highlight "Alfa Romeo Grigio Indaco", then "Glasurit Line 22" in the Paint Line box. Click "Next" and you should be there.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wow ShadeTree, that is one beautiful car alright! Gives us all something to strive for in out own restorations that's for sure. The interior of that car is superb with those cool flying buttress seats. And the exterior's lines are so crisp and clean. Too bad for us it's right hand drive:).

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Strangely, though I'd ruled out any greys and silvers if I went non-original, I rather like this color. Until I saw this GTV on this link, I hadn't realized the faint blue cast this color has. I guess thats the indigo (indaco) in it. It's now on my short list.:)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hmmm, and it's left hand drive, not RHD. I need more coffee and thicker spectacles.
Let's see now. Ship it from England to Montreal and drive it home. My head says OUI, but my wallet says NON...
Oh well.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts