Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some sheep skin seat covers for her. The passenger headrest apparently had been removed before and damaged in the process. It does not have the little black sleeves that the driver headrest does. The passenger headrest just pops right out. But I can't find any pin, buttons or tabs to remove the driver had rest.

What's the secret?

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
As mentioned, it pulls up, but its not that easy.

AND, keep a good grip on it too, because when it comes out, and you are pulling that hard, it might just fly out of your hands and land post down on the hood, causing a $300 dent.

Not sure how I know, but I just do.:whistling:

Good luck,

Vin

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,497 Posts
I couldn't get mine to release by wiggling: I had to take the back panel off the seat (like 2-3 screws at the bottom, then slide down) and manually release the spring on the headrest rod. YMMV.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. Thanks for tips. I guess I wasn't pulling hard enough. I'll give it another heave ho and if that doesn't work, I saw the screw Gubi was talking about...I'll try that as a last resort.

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
I've tried pulling mine, they move freely up and down but will not come out (even squirted WD40 down the holes and let it dribble down the shaft to lubricate things)

S4 headrests don't seem to have a special lip/catch on the bottom of the shafts to lock, so it is strange!

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I tried pulling it out to no avail. I took Gubi's advice and took off the back panel. it took all of 30 seconds to get the back off and headrest removed.

All you have to do is release the two pins near the top and the headrest slides right out.

Here's a picture for your reference.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,497 Posts
There's two screws at the bottom: you can see the holes in the picture. Then the rear panel just slides down and out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's two screws at the bottom: you can see the holes in the picture. Then the rear panel just slides down and out.
What he said...

There's a channel that runs the length of the seat back. It's under the felt strip.myou just insert in one side, the tuck the other side under. Literally 30 seconds to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts