Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have some damage done by the po repaired (he hit a parking curb)
The shop is going to replace the chin spoiler and paint the front clip.
I have new graduate emblems so I would like to take the old ones off. I need some directions as to how to do it. How to access the back of the fender where it attaches and any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
What year? Can you post a photo of the badge(s)? Different badges are applied different ways, but to get the correct answer to your question, you need to better ID the badge(s) in question.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Ditto Joe Papa Sr. The similiarly placed Quadrifoglio badges on my 88 quad are applied with double sided tape, industrial grade. Removal is by nylon monofiliment fishing line. I carefully removed ALL the original old double sided tape from the old badges first. Then I used a 3-M product, industrial grade thin double sided brown tape to reapply the badges after the body shop was finished with the car. I got this tape at an auto paint and body shop supply company here in Memphis. Just be sure to make a paper pattern with the exact placedment of the badges on the fender prior to removing them, and keep the pattern for use in exact placement of the new badges after you get the car back from the paint shop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm going to assume my "spider veloce" and "pinifarina" badges were glued/taped on as well??? Also, how do I remove the side molding and awful striping the previous owner had painted on? The molding is riveted so I assume I need to drill the rivets out then fill the holes before re painting but the stripe???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Also, how do I remove the side molding and awful striping the previous owner had painted on? The molding is riveted so I assume I need to drill the rivets out then fill the holes before re painting but the stripe???
I removed mine using dental floss as a saw and then just pulled it off- there were no rivets, just studs. Took about an hour to do both sides. You will need paint/body work to remove the evidence of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts