Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I just start pulling on things:
How do I remove the back seat and rear deck from my 66 gtv?
I want to fiddle with the speakers on the rear deck, and it would be a lot easier if I just took the deck out...
Carl

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi,

This is how I got mine out of my 69 GTV, not sure if I did it the right way or if it was standard but it worked.

Seat base first, just lift from the front so it clears the stainless holders and it should just pop out - nothing holding it in but gravity and pressure from the front plates.

The back should pop out as well if you push it straight up. The bottom of it where it tucked behind the base should now be loose, if not check for some small screws or something. There are two locating pins that go stright down, near the edge at the top. You might need a rubber hammer or something to nudge it a little, but straight up to the sky.

My rear deck was not standard but was held in place by the seat backs and the rear seat belt anchors also held it in place, you might need to remove those.

Good luck, and it isn't that hard once you bend your legs and back to the right positions and work out the jigsaw puzzle. Try to have all the tools with you so you don't need to get in and out too often. The hardest part is getting out and straightening yourself again (I'm over 6').

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andrew. My seat bottem ended up being just as you describe. The seat back had two small screws at the bottom, but those may not have been original. The rear deck is a bit involved, as when restored it was kind of sealed up, so I'm sure my situation is unique there.
My new speakers are almost in!
Carl

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Make sure when you put the shelf back, you fit it well because they have a habbit of vibrating themselves loose and being paticullarly annoying.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Vintageveloce,
The rear 'parcel shelf' is very easy to remove.
Once the top of the back seat is out, remember it is held in (at the top) by two pins that go thru' the parcel shelf into the sheetmetal below.

The parcel tray is held in by three PK screws on it's leading edge, and three clips. These three clips are riveted onto the inside of the parcel shelf, and go thru' the sheetmetal. The holes in the sheetmetal that two of these clips clip onto, are the same holes that your speakers protrude into.

I am trying to be helpful, however my post looks like a garbled mess!

Good Luck,

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts