Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did t think any 1970 Round tails existed but I have heard that they might
My vin is AR1481303 how do I decide that?
thanks

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
look here

cheers

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Did alfa centro storico say it was manufactured in 1970?
fusi lists that chassis # as a '69
there are 3 or 4 roundtails on Willes register (including yours) listed "as" 1970

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,349 Posts
I would not trust Fusi's data, it's riddled with errors. FIAT offers a service so you can find out the exact day your car was "produced".

The chassis were assembled at the Pinninfarina plant, placed on dollies and rolled off to a "corner". They sat there until Alfa came and got them. They were trucked to the Alfa assembly plant and inserted in the assembly line to get the mechanical components installed.

Your car could have sat at Pinninfarina for days, weeks or months. There is a serial number stamped onto the boot floor. That is a Pinninfarina internal number, a serial number of sorts. I don't know if anyone has ever approached them to see if records are available.

Does your car have a plastic VIN plate in the driver's door jamb?

There are some Alfas that were manufactured in 1969, but titled as 1970. There are some Alfas that were manufactured in 1970 but titled as 1969. And, there are some Alfas manufactured in 1970 and titled as 1970. If your car has a plate like this and the date is late in the year, I would say there is a chance it is a lie.

·
Registered
Series 2 Spider 2000, 1972 Manufacture
1 Posts
I did t think any 1970 Round tails existed but I have heard that they might
My vin is AR1481303 how do I decide that?
thanks
Contact Centro Documentazione, give them your chassis number, engine number, any other numbers you can and for the sum of EU30 they will tell you the date of manufacture, which market it was first shipped to, its original colour and interior, and will confirm if the engine number matches that it was manufactured with. They are a bit slow doing so at the moment, but are very helpful when they do respond t you.
Cheers.

Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo
La Macchina del Tempo
Museo Storico Alfa Romeo
Viale Alfa Romeo, Arese (Mi) - Italy
Tel: +39 02 44425593
Email: [email protected]

www.museoalfaromeo.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts