Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a spruellmotorsport flex disk after reading about it here but it was said the directions were incorrect can someone point me to the link that shows the right way it should be installed? I have an 88 graduate

·
Super Moderator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,388 Posts
I've also seen that I should put a strap on the flex disk that I'm taking out
Yes, that will help the bolts to slide out. I use a couple of large hose clamps connected in series (one super-long clamp would do, if you can find one). The trick is to keep compressing the clamp until the bolts move easily. The "sweet spot" is pretty narrow, so be prepared to fool around a bit. Believe me, it will save you time in the long run.

When installing the new giubo, hose clamps may be better than the band supplied with the part. Clamps allow you to adjust the compression - again, once you get it just right, the bolts will slide through easily.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Silly question, is this a standard flex disc or the performance flex disc that Paul sells.

For the standard one I always leave the strap on until everything is bolted up. In general if it has been on the car for a while I don't find the strap needed to take on or pull off as the rubber has taken a set closer to the bolt pattern.

KLH

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up the performance disk from spruellmotorsport because the motor isn't stock any more, and yes I think it is the original disk. That's also why I want to change it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts