Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
77 alfa with original pump and SPICA. Amazingly the car sat for a couple decades before I purchased and the pump still worked great... til last week. Even though the whole fuel system has been gone through and cleaned, I think age just caught up with it. Now I figure I need to change over to the 2 port. My question is, what about a PRV? My main filter has only 2 ports, and if the new pump has only 2 ports and the PRV inside the pump has a higher pressure rating than what the SPICA can handle, then how can you be sure the pressure doesn't exceed spec? Do i just test with a "T" in the line and if it falls below 17psi I am fine? Or do I create anew PRV somewhere?

Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Go to the technical guides sticky in this topic area and download the Fuel Supply Guide. The system pressure is governed by the outlet restrict on the injection pump. The PRV either in the 3 port pump or the front fuel filter canister (74 & earlier) is only a safety backup. You should not be using it to set system pressure.

You can just eliminate the 3rd line today the supply pump as long as the pressure is correct or if you can get a salvage front fuel filter with a PRV do that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks roadtrip. So basically all that will need to be done is to solder and bore the outlet restrictor if the psi is too low? I've heard of some people not even having to do that even. Crossing my fingers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts