Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I have a 1976 Spider that was converted to Dellorto carbs. The Airbox intake does not line up with the cold air intake. Any suggestions on how to make to connection? I was thinking cutting back the Airbox intake pipe but really do not want to hack up the Airbox.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
The Airbox You Have Looks Like It Came Off Of An Alfetta (116.....). Looks Like A 116 # On The Box As Well. Even If You Get The Correct Airbox (105/115...) They Were Not Made To Connect With The Snot On The Body (unlike the SPICA Airbox). The Correct Airbox Will However, Line Up And Get Close To The Snot (you could then probably use the SPICA hose [or equivalent] and trim the end of the box to fit).

-John

·
Premium Member
13,993 Posts
I have a plastic deflector plate between the radiator and the air intake. It minimizes the mixing of hot and cold air before it is picked up by the air box.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I used this convoluted tubing for the preheat pipe as well as the junction from the airbox to the inlet up front. I got it from a camper supply place. I think it's heating exhaust pipe. Very cheap and available in many sizes. Easily cut with heavier duty scissors. ciao jc

Attachments

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
If You Decide To Cut Up The Snot Maybe We Could Trade As I Have One That Has Already Been Modified, The Previous Owner Of The Airbox Began To Modify And I Just Worked On It Some More And Got A SPICA Hose (hard to get), I Have The Vent Port That Could Be Tacked Back On (I was going to fill it in), At Least This Way We'd Save A Somewhat Rare Airbox.

-John

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts