Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have access to a welder and would like to weld in the front 2 floor pans. Is it difficult to weld in pans? The biggest fear of mine is cutting too much material out and having multiple pieces of metal welded together and also not properly lining up the seat brackets.

Also, how many hours does it usually take to weld in a pan? I also have access to a body man at a great rate!

Thanks!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Front floor pan replacement

Ciao hatepotholez!,

Note that I completely removed and replaced my front floor pans and was actually not as hard as I'd imagined. Note that usually if your floor pans are rusted there is more than likely rust in your sills, so I'd repair or replaced them first and then the floor pans.
Timing! well that depends on your approach. The biggest part was removing and fitment, the plug and spot welding didn't take much time at all.
Sorry about the quality of the pics!!

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ciao hatepotholez!,

Note that I completely removed and replaced my front floor pans and was actually not as hard as I'd imagined. Note that usually if your floor pans are rusted there is more than likely rust in your sills, so I'd repair or replaced them first and then the floor pans.
Timing! well that depends on your approach. The biggest part was removing and fitment, the plug and spot welding didn't take much time at all.
Sorry about the quality of the pics!!
......and a photo from underneath!!
Thank you for the detailed photos and info! My Sills look pretty good just the front right pass connection at the A pillar at the sill has some rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.