Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 40 of 151 Posts

· Registered
2,066 Posts
alfa_chan said:
I was going to drive home my GTV tonight, when I started the engine and it started raining. She has to stay in the warehouse for the weekend then. :(
Chan! So you're the one that brought on the rain! I thought someone had washed their car.

Don't feel bad, my baby's gotta spend the weekend under a waterproof (hopefully) tarp. I'll have my own house with a two car garage someday. <sigh>

· Registered
1,171 Posts
So its pick on the jap car, huh? Let me remind you that I'm the only one in this conversation with an Italian name AND I grew up in Brooklyn. Go ahead, keep messin with me! I'm gonna send a coupla my boys out there and teach you guys some manners. :cool:

67GTV said:
...And it comes in Subie family hauler burgundy. Window treatment not included.
PS
Actually that's an old picture. I now have a winnie the pooh sun shade on the Eclipse too!! (BLING BLING, Yo)

· Registered
880 Posts
Paradiso said:
So its pick on the jap car, huh? Let me remind you that I'm the only one in this conversation with an Italian name AND I grew up in Brooklyn. Go ahead, keep messin with me! I'm gonna send a coupla my boys out there and teach you guys some manners. :cool:

Hey you know what guys, I think Paradiso is tellin the truth, When you grow up in Brooklyn you have friends in the right places that could help you out when you need it.
:D

· Registered
140 Posts
I think I picked up on it via the digest too. I had got bored of the 3 emails of stuff a day that you had to trawl through to get the good bits. This format is so much better. Do people still do the digest?..........

Pity there's not more Brits on here though.

· Registered
5,799 Posts
The Alfa Digest is alive and well. Yes, you do have to 'pick' through some stuff, but I enjoy reading it and replying to it, and have numerous 'saved' entries which have really helped me when I needed the collective assistance of fellow 'Digestibles'.

· Registered
2,066 Posts
Paradiso said:
So its pick on the jap car, huh? Let me remind you that I'm the only one in this conversation with an Italian name AND I grew up in Brooklyn. Go ahead, keep messin with me! I'm gonna send a coupla my boys out there and teach you guys some manners.
Oh yeah? Well here's what my Japanese wife has to say to that.

Hmmmmm, well, "jap" is not a good word. Do you know Japanese "Yakuza"? :cool:

· Registered
2,066 Posts
Good job Paradiso! My wife said your Japanese was correct and that you're forgiven. Although she did joke about you paying by giving up a finger . . Yakuza style.

· Registered
699 Posts
I had a dream and in it my late uncle Big Paulie told me "you see dis here web thing over here you betta sign up to dat. OK"
So I did, hey I'm not dat stupit dat i wotten do what PC said.
MrC

· Administrator
18,545 Posts
It was very well hidden ...

... as I could NOT find this site after searching and searching for an Alfa Romeo message board. I did find one other but all they talked about was moderns ... and it did not see much action (and has since died).

Thus I only found this site via the www.FerrariChat.com site, so I suggest that there are many Alfa Romeo owners out there who still have not found this site.

What can be done about that? ... no idea myself, but posting on the FerrariChat was a great idea :), as that site is very popular.

I do know that there is an Alfa Romeo webring but I do not like that format as you have to go through a lot of 'uninteresting sites' before you stumble on to a decent one.

Thus my only suggestion is that we post about this site on other popular Italian automotive sites :) ... a bit cheeky :p , though.

Pete

· Registered
7 Posts
I heard about this site on Ferrarichat.com. The way this site is going I think it will be as successful. I hope so because I love that site. In fact, I love the set up so much that I registered AlfaRomeoChat.com to set up a simialr site for alfas but have not got it running yet. I guess now I won't have to ! Maybe this site would be interested in the name.

· Registered
'87 Milano, '08 Ducati SportClassic, '73 CL350, '58 BSA 500 Flash
995 Posts
Addresses of Digest members were mined then we were spammed about the BB and a big uproar occurred. I won't open that can of worms again.

The AlfaBB ended up being a great resource.

Rock on!

21 - 40 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.