Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced some fuel lines (from tank to hard line and then filter after tank to pump). Cant get the car to fire up. It is a 79 with Spica. How do I check to make sure fuel is being delivered and that I dont know have a bad pump or clogged filter? Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
REmoved lines going into the Spica pump and fuel is present. SPica problem? COld start actuator?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Based just on the fact that it won't start it's impossible to draw any definite conclusions. A quick and easy check would be to spray starter fluid in the intakes and see if you get any hits which would indicate that the ignition is doing something. If it is a Spica issue one of the more common things has always been cold start flooding due to mal-adjusted or failing thermostatic actuator. If that were the case disconnecting the cold start solenoid and flooring the pedal while cranking would probably get you going.

But like I said, you can't make any hard conclusions yet. Not enough evidence.

BTW: if you do disconnect the C/S solenoid don't let the loose terminal touch ground while you're cranking.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confirmed fuel is getting to the Spica pump. However, fuel is not getting to the engine. It'll burn ether, but no fuel so ignition is fine. Dry plugs and the four Spica ports, for lack of a better term, that you see when the air filter is off are dry as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts