Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm restoring an 90' Spider (4) and I've a problem to remove the plastic rocker pannels. I removed the screws and the plastic clips but the plastic pannel is locked on the upper side. It seems to be glued. Does anyone can tell me how to do ? Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
You'll either see glue or 2-sided tape, most likely the latter. Just had to re-tape the ones on my S4. You can try some 3M adhesive remover to soften the bond, as it won't harm the paint or plastic. It's available at body shop supply stores.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I think the best way to separe the 2-sided tape is to cut it with a blade. I don't worry about harming the paint because I've to repaint the whole car !

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm coming back with the same problem; I tried to remove the plastic pannels but it's very hard to pull on them, and then I tried to unglue with benzine without any succes. I can just only to move the pannel away a little (1 inch). I tried to cut the rubber with a knife but it to hard to cut. I don't know how to do. Perharps with 3M glue remover ? Any idea ? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts