Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have an FYI for those of you trying to make reservations and getting a message that there is no availability. I tried to make reservations for July 10 through the 18th via the website, and kept getting the message that no rooms were available. I called the toll free number and got the same result at first, but the lady on the line was very helpful and tried to see what was going on.

Long story short, there is some odd quirk in their system that required 3 separate reservations to be made :confused:, one for the 10-13 period, then 13-17, and finally the night of the 17th. The correct rate and all came up, but without this helpful reservation agent I would have been under the impression that the hotel was fully booked.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
hotel reservation hiccup

Arno-- First off, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. The good news is that there are NO capacity issues with the hotel. This occured simply because the allocated rooms in the ROC block were allowed to deplete, maybe due to a surge in bookings.

The situation has been corrected with another transfer of room inventory into our block, and our hotel contact promised to keep a watchful eye on our room availability status.

We're looking forward to working with you in July! Thank you for the heads-up.

Dave Jarman
Hotel Chairman

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Alfas in the Bluegrass is sooner than you think!

Alfisti friends--

We're now at less than TWO MONTHS and counting, until Alfas in the Bluegrass here in Lexington, Kentucky. For goodness sake do NOT postpone your hotel reservations, because there are two other major conventions here in town during this time period, and you will not find hotel/motel rooms aplenty! In fact, you may not find them at all, and that's not marketing hype either -- that's how it is. :eek:

Go to the website, Alfas in the Bluegrass click on the HOTEL page, and book your room reservations now. And then if you have not yet sent in your convention registration, please click on the Registration page and start that process, too.

We're working very hard to provide the best convention experience possible for you and yours. Don't miss out!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Alfisti friends--

We're now at less than TWO MONTHS and counting, until Alfas in the Bluegrass here in Lexington, Kentucky. For goodness sake do NOT postpone your hotel reservations, because there are two other major conventions here in town during this time period, and you will not find hotel/motel rooms aplenty! In fact, you may not find them at all, and that's not marketing hype either -- that's how it is. :eek:

Go to the website, Alfas in the Bluegrass click on the HOTEL page, and book your room reservations now. And then if you have not yet sent in your convention registration, please click on the Registration page and start that process, too.

We're working very hard to provide the best convention experience possible for you and yours. Don't miss out!
For the record, I snoozed and lost. While the convention hotel might be able to easily handle the convention, the room block is filled.

Dave, any chance of getting more rooms added? I'm looking at alternatives..

bs

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Brian-- It's great you're coming! Wouldn't be the same without you!

Seriously-- I'm checking into it, but July is an extremely busy month here. I'll possibly have some information tomorrow, but it's a 50-50 call, to be honest. Please stay tuned...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Update pending on hotel room block expansion

We will know more by tomorrow afternoon regarding the possibility of expanding our block of rooms at the hotel. Just don't touch that dial, and keep your convention plans in place. :cool:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Child Care needs

Alfisti friends -- From our convention registration data, we know in advance who may be needing qualified child care. But if anyone else may be needing this service during the convention, you can either let me know directly here, or via the convention website e-mail link.

Note that this service is being offered only three specific times - during the Welcome Reception (Thursday evening, July 14), during Friday night's Parking Lot Party/Swap Meet, and for the Banquet Saturday evening. Should they wish to do so, parents and caregivers can leave their infants, toddlers, or small children (under 6 years) at a designated child care area within the hotel while attending these events.

If you have any questions, please just get back with me. Thanks and see y'all soon!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Campbell House Hotel rooms are very limited!

Be advised that if you plan to attend Alfas in the Bluegrass with us, the availability of hotel rooms at the Campbell House is dwindling fast! Already there is a pinch on Friday and Saturday nights, July 15 & 16, with less than 5 rooms left for those dates. The other ends of the convention dates are still available (at least for now) at the $99 rate.

Even with this deal, we cannot promise that the $99 rate will be extended more than several days.

Go to our website now and get that room booked!

Hotel Info

If all else fails, let us know and we'll advise you of potential motels in close proximity to the Campbell House, but as we've said numerous times-- July is going to be a busy month around the Bluegrass!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Be advised that if you plan to attend Alfas in the Bluegrass with us, the availability of hotel rooms at the Campbell House is dwindling fast! Already there is a pinch on Friday and Saturday nights, July 15 & 16, with less than 5 rooms left for those dates. The other ends of the convention dates are still available (at least for now) at the $99 rate.

Even with this deal, we cannot promise that the $99 rate will be extended more than several days.

Go to our website now and get that room booked!

Hotel Info

If all else fails, let us know and we'll advise you of potential motels in close proximity to the Campbell House, but as we've said numerous times-- July is going to be a busy month around the Bluegrass!
Sorry I'm late in getting back here. I was able to jump on one of these rooms. So now I don't have to stay at a Motel 6!

Just wanted to say thanks to Dave and the rest of the crew for bending over backwards to accommodate us slackers. Now, the registration is in the mail, I promise!

bs

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Hey Brian--- we're all Alfisti here, right? See you soon and have a safe trip. If there's any of that great clam chowda left over, we wouldn't turn it down!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Parking security, child care, tags and large vehicles

Greetings Alfisti! We are all looking forward to seeing you here in our beautiful Bluegrass region of Kentucky. We need to check in with you however, before Alfas in the Bluegrass officially begins, on several important items. You may receive another e-mail from us on a couple more topics, but that's it. We want to be 110% prepared for YOU and your needs during your stay here in Lexington.

CHILD CARE-- Based on our current information via registration, as well as inquiries, we have found that there is no apparent need for child care during the evening events, meaning infants and toddlers. Now-- if that is not correct, and anyone DOES need this kind of child care for the Banquet, Welcome Reception, and/or the Parking Lot Party, please let me know immediately. Call me at 859-258-3885, or respond to this e-mail. Unless we hear from you, we will cancel any plans for child care on premises.

PARKING LOT SECURITY-- There will be dedicated Alfa Romeo parking in the hotel's rear parking lot, and the hotel will do their best to assure us that no one but convention attendees can park there. There is an overflow lot for large RVs and trailers across the street from the hotel, and easily accessible. This is made possible to us through the St. Joseph Hospital Security Department, and is much appreciated. Our Lexington Division of Police will be making random and regular third shift patrols through this overflow lot during the convention. On the Campbell House hotel premises, their contract security will patrol the lots on third shift using a golf cart during the convention. Now-- and this is for real-- if you wander out onto the lot in the wee hours for the purpose of retrieving something from your Alfa, or cleaning the undercarriage, you may be asked about ownership of the car! So please be prepared to demonstrate such ownership, meaning a key, Alfa key fob, or your AROC convention tag. This is obviously for everyone's protection and enjoyment of Alfas in the Bluegrass.

RVs and TRAILERS-- If you're arriving in a large vehicle or towing a trailer, you will get assistance in parking at Registration. We have an area dedicated to these vehicles, and we can help you get it situated with the least amount of wandering around. Just let us know as soon as you arrive, and we'll help you.

CONVENTION TAGS-- At Registration you will receive your registration tags and lanyards, and a traditional welcome bag which includes our official Program, vendor and sponsor catalogs and goodies, and important practical information to help you navigate Alfas in the Bluegrass. Please remember to wear your convention tag at all times, to all events! It is literally a receipt, and proves you have registered and paid for the event you wish to attend.

Thank you all, and we wish you a safe and enjoyable journey to Lexington!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.