Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2011 Convention Hotel

This is where we will be discussing the Convention Hotel. Please note that the schedule is being finalized and registration is not yet open. Convention information is being updated and posted on our website Home

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Convention registration and hotel reservations

Watch for the January issue of the Alfa Owner, AROC's official publication, for the registration form and day-by-day schedule of events!

Please monitor our website Home , because many more details will be posted immediately following the January announcement, including the hotel reservations code for AROC members attending the convention.

You're going to really enjoy this convention!:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Booking one after convention Sunday night @ convention rate took persistence

Gang, we booked early this year but when trying to stay for Sunday night found it not in the convention block or reserved rooms. We did not buy into the offer of a AAA discount $144 rate and told the reservation agent we could move on Sunday night and she made us a separate $99 rate reservation for Sunday night.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Kentucky/Hotel Reservation

Gang, we booked early this year but when trying to stay for Sunday night found it not in the convention block or reserved rooms. We did not buy into the offer of a AAA discount $144 rate and told the reservation agent we could move on Sunday night and she made us a separate $99 rate reservation for Sunday night.
Bernie,

Were you able to use the website or did you actually have to call to make a reservation? The last time I tried the website it was still giving outlandishly high, incorrect rates.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheryl & Bernie,

We were happy to get this from someone who just registered:

"...this was the best reservation experience we have had with the convention hotel in years. The 800 number reservation had the AROC group and everything available and it went really smooth in setting up our reservations from the pre-tour to the time trials and back to the convention hotel"

However, based on your posts, there are still glitches and be assured that our hotel chairman will work these out. Your posting these issues allows us to be aware and to make corrections. Thanks.

FYI, the reduced room rate does apply for Sunday night.

Bernie,

Were you able to use the website or did you actually have to call to make a reservation? The last time I tried the website it was still giving outlandishly high, incorrect rates.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Called the toll free #

Bernie,

When I tried the online site, it did not recognize the code; but the phone call worked ok except for as noted.

See you in Lexington.

bjb

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Same here Bernie. I had to call, but the reservation agent handled the call with no problem.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Kentucky Hotel Issues

Same here Bernie. I had to call, but the reservation agent handled the call with no problem.
Larry,

Maybe I should have you make my reservation for me. At this point I'm pretty frustrated. They have corrected the room rate per night for Sunday on the website, but I was unable to make a reservation through the website so I decided to call. Since you and Bernie had managed, I figured I could also. I was not as lucky.

The lovely gentlemen that answered the phone I'm positive was in an outsourced center across the world. He was very difficult to understand but did let me know that he could reserve a regular room for me but if I wanted an accommodated room, I would have to pay regular rate because the club had not included any special needs rooms in their block. The hotel reservation system went down before he could make the reservation for any room at any price. I was told to call back later.

Whether the system actually went down or he didn't know how to deal with my reservation, who knows.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Hotel direct call vs. link to reservation site

First off, Cheryl, Bernie and Larry--thanks for the feedback here. What you've run into was that initially there was not enough capacity allocated for Sunday 7/17, but the hotel Sales Manager corrected that for us yesterday.

And the $99 rate is in our contract through that Sunday, also-- no question.

I have tried a number of times using the link that appears on the convention website, the one that goes into Crowne Plaza reservations, and apparently we do have a glitch (or an operator malfunction, which I won't rule out ;) ).

So, what I suggest we do for now is to call the hotel on the 800 number posted in red (800-951-4667). This gets you to the Campbell House front desk directly, and this is what worked for you. The reservations code for Alfas in the Bluegrass ($99 rate) is ROC.

I'll be back with everyone here in the next day or so after we check out that link, because we want both choices working correctly. Thanks and see you in July!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Kentucky Hotel Issues

First off, Cheryl, Bernie and Larry--thanks for the feedback here. What you've run into was that initially there was not enough capacity allocated for Sunday 7/17, but the hotel Sales Manager corrected that for us yesterday.

And the $99 rate is in our contract through that Sunday, also-- no question.

I have tried a number of times using the link that appears on the convention website, the one that goes into Crowne Plaza reservations, and apparently we do have a glitch (or an operator malfunction, which I won't rule out ;) ).

So, what I suggest we do for now is to call the hotel on the 800 number posted in red (800-951-4667). This gets you to the Campbell House front desk directly, and this is what worked for you. The reservations code for Alfas in the Bluegrass ($99 rate) is ROC.

I'll be back with everyone here in the next day or so after we check out that link, because we want both choices working correctly. Thanks and see you in July!

Dave,

I called the number you posted above and had limited success. That number is not the direct line to the Campbell House, but instead, the number to their national reservation center. I did get a man that spoke English this time that I could understand who basically told me the same thing as the previous man had that there were no accommodated rooms available nor reserved in the Alfa block. He did make a reservation for me in a regular room and told me to contact the hotel directly about changing the room. The number he gave me is: (859) 255-4281.

HTH iron out some of the glitches.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
OK, I'm going by the hotel this morning and I'll work directly with them to get this ironed out. I understood they have their own toll-free number. Regardless, we have some folks who made reservations easily, and others who are having difficulties.

I will get it resolved quickly! Stay tuned and thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Best way to use Hotel reservations link

Fellow Alfisti--
Our hotel quickly made a capacity adjustment to augment the number of rooms available both early and late in the convention. This should resolve any problems in the use of the link shown on the HOTEL INFO page of the website.

Now-- and this is important-- when you click on the link, and the Crowne Plaza reservations page opens, all you need to do is enter your check-in date, and your check-out date. That's it-- do not select any other fields. Then at the bottom of the page, click on the CHECK AVAILABILITY button. The search results will display rooms/beds available at the $99 rate. The Group Code ROC is already plugged in to this page, and will take you directly to the Campbell House and the blocks we have under contract.

Another correction, the 800 number shown does not take you directly to the hotel, it is a corporate reservations line. It can be used as well as the link. Remember to tell them the Group Code is ROC.

I will gladly work personally with anyone who has difficulty in registering at the hotel. Please let me know if we can help you. But at this point, we have tested things, made room block adjustments, and it should work well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Worked for me w/o making me AlfaLoco ;) (or maybe I already was!!)
Thanks for your efforts and explanations Dave....

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I used the 800 number yesterday and had no problems except I have 3 conformation numbers due to arriving on Monday. This was the best reservation center that I have dealt with in many years.--Harly

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Great Harly! I'm glad you can say that. I really am!

I have travelled quite a bit in my first career, past many a motel, many a car rental counter, and many an airport, so I fully understand the frustrations one can experience. Our relations with the hotel management, and their cooperation with us, has been extremely good - right from the start.

I have a good feeling about this convention, folks!

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Reserve your hotel room!

Esteemed Alfisti--

Our headquarters hotel, the Campbell House Crowne Plaza here in Lexington, is booking room reservations weekly for Alfas in the Bluegrass. Our hotel is easily capable of handling an AROC convention capacity crowd, HOWEVER it is still a good idea to reserve your room now!

There are two other major conventions ongoing here in town during that week, so accomodations outside the Campbell House may become scarce if you wait too long.

There is so much happening behind the scenes at this point with the various events, the Alfa Touring pre-convention tour, the Concours entries, Time Trials, it's a really exciting time in the planning of an AROC convention! So keep an eye on our website at Alfas in the Bluegrass for new information as we finalize details and arrangements.

And make plans to get your registration in soon! If any questions arise, please use this thread to post them in the appropriate section, and we'll get right back to you. There is also a contact e-mail provided on the website. Thanks so much for your support!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Filling fast...

Snooze and lose....
Recommend you get your reservations soon....
A word of warning should be sufficient....:D

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I just registered, NO problem

·
1990 164QV Euro spec & 1991 168B
28,539 Posts
I did it yesterday, too using 800 227-6963 and she found ROC code OK.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.