Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
This thread has been quite for some time, but I an the current owner of this car and thought I would provide an update for those interested.

I purchased this car from the person who bought it in the advertised sale.Same guy who sold me my first Alfa (Also a Sport Sedan) and now a good friend.

When driving from Port Townsend to SF the timing belt slipped and cased the engine. Dropped Valve.

That was about a year ago. The car sat for about 6 months with no work done, but the last 6 months I've finally been making progress.

Car is now fitted with a 3.0l sporting some wild RJ cams. Did a bunch of cosmetic clean up and fixing all the little things while I was in there (everything rubber, RMS, driveshaft, etc..) I've decided to completely punt the stock engine management and am starting on a Link G4 StormX with newer high impedance injectors and Audi COPs in a few weeks once the plumbing is wrapped up.

When it's done (probably back half of this year) this Sedan should make a fun fun track toy while still being a viable date night car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Tizer2,

Sorry about the dropped valve, but I love the idea of V6 in an Alfetta sedan!!!!

For those of us who aren't technicians, (and if not too much trouble), please explain the "Link G4 StormX with newer high impedance injectors and Audi COPs".

Ciao,

Ray

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tizer2,

Sorry about the dropped valve, but I love the idea of V6 in an Alfetta sedan!!!!

For those of us who aren't technicians, (and if not too much trouble), please explain the "Link G4 StormX with newer high impedance injectors and Audi COPs".

Ciao,

Ray
The Link is an aftermarket ECU. There are dozens out there that you could use. Megasquirts, Motronic, and Haltechs are all really popular. G4X StormX | Link Engine Management
Stock Milano used a low impedance injector, so the solenoid that opens and closes to let fuel in has a low resistance value. If you run a modern ECU that is expecting a high resistance then you get much more current flow through the circuit than expected. Some people add resistors to solve this, but the Bosch redtops I am using have a bit high flow rate too, so you have more headroom to play with power later.
COP = Coil Over Plug. Instead of running high voltage through the spark plugs wires you have a little coil mounted over each spark plug, power than with 12V, and then the ECU only needs to send a trigger signal.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Of course; like a GM LS engine, and so many others in 2020!

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I think it's kind of funny that you ended up with not just the V6 Alfetta from the original post, but also the Alfetta parts car mentioned later in this thread.

This is a great project to watch and be a part of. Bentley is a fearless guy, I'm learning a lot about aftermarket engine management. Great stuff!

bs

41 - 45 of 45 Posts