Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Correct Larry. She is just temporarily confused and incorrect. She will come to her senses when she sees you pull in the driveway with it, smile and shake her head, shrug her shoulders, and then help you unload it from the trailer. Go get it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm interested in seeing pictures of the donor car (is it the Alfetta from copart about a year ago?). Is the interior is in ok shape? By chance, would you happen to have leads for painting the car in the Seattle area? That's one thing I've never undertaken, and it frankly scares me. As well, is the 2.5 stock?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The Alfetta listed for sale is a 1978 Sport Sedan and has a signed off California title. I know the last registered owner personally so we can transfer the ownership from him to you. It has never been registered in Washington and the CA tabs have not been renewed since 1994.

The engine is a stock 2.5 out of a Milano donor. It was lower milage at the time of swap in the late 80s. I have driven this car in a parking lot in Washington with no glass or interior. It was pretty entertaining. That was in 1995?

This car has a grey cloth Milano/ Alfetta interior but, it isn't in very good shape. The glass was originally the light blue tinted version and was left behind in CA years ago because the parts car up here has the bronze tint which would look better with the black paint.

There is a complete (rusty) 1978 Sport Sedan with tan cloth interior available here for cheap. I suspect that anybody interested in putting this back together would want to customize and update using parts from both Milano/ Alfetta and custom upholstery. Knowing these cars are pretty easy to find, I don't put a lot of value on that stuff.

At one point a wrecked 3.0 liter Milano was purchased to complete the swap to ABS and install the larger engine. This never happened and the 3.0 Verde parts car was sold off a long time ago. The milano transaxle requires a Milano speedometer head in order to function properly so there are still some details to work out. This would be a great car to stuff one of those 3.7 liter quad monster engines into and keep it light. I just want to see somebody else do it.

Please PM or call me if you are actually interested in purchasing this awesome project.

Tom
(206) 601-0802

·
Registered
828 Posts
Tom, cool car. I wish you had more info about current driveability? For $1500 and a donor car what's the problems and issues, except for people in California who always come up with the same posts about smog on every 75 and newer. Alfa posted. Alright already, we get the smog issues in California. Those posts tend to clutter up the rest of the posts.

If I didn't already have three of them in Reno, coincidently all 78's. I'd jump on it. I really don't want to become the heavy metal Alfa guy of the sedan like glen is with gtv6's
Have a separate price for the donor car?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Don't worry about the speedo issue. Costs too much for the oem equipment that won't won't. For $100 you can get a satellite GPS through the wind shield speedo posted on amazon. Much better speedo that the original.
Just saying.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Tom, cool car. I wish you had more info about current driveability? For $1500 and a donor car what's the problems and issues, except for people in California who always come up with the same posts about smog on every 75 and newer. Alfa posted. Alright already, we get the smog issues in California. Those posts tend to clutter up the rest of the posts.
Cool your jets... The point discussed by those us living in Cali is what it old take to register this car here. You may know the cut off year but believe it or not there are those in California that don't.

This car looks like a very interesting project that would be cool to complete and use as a DD. Last thing anyone wants is to bring the car into the state that they can't register. Or one that would have more DMV back fees due than the car costs.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm no alfa expert but I have dealt with CA smog. I highly doubt this would pass. I failed this year for replacing a rubber hose with a higher grade fire proof one (didn't even know i just grabbed a vaccum hose from auto zone) . I got an auto visual fail, they said the high quality fire proof hose is stock on later year cars and that stock mine came with a not fire proof one. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I'm no alfa expert but I have dealt with CA smog. I highly doubt this would pass. I failed this year for replacing a rubber hose with a higher grade fire proof one (didn't even know i just grabbed a vaccum hose from auto zone) . I got an auto visual fail, they said the high quality fire proof hose is stock on later year cars and that stock mine came with a not fire proof one. Fun stuff.
This is absolutely crazy, but then again its in California (or Kommiefornia as i like to call it).

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
A mate of mine out here has a series 1 1/2 '76 Alfetta sedan fitted with full running gear from a 90. This Alfetta used to be mine but in 1.8 configuration. Its a cool car, but not really a rocket in truth !! Mind you it is super economical, given the extra torque, and a real Q car as most people wouldn't realise what is under the bonnet until you hear the V6 growl/howl from its 2 1/2" exhaust.

Fitting the V6 be it 2.5 or 3L to Alfetta sedans is nothing new, sufficient have been done. However, the handling and looks of the Alfetta sedan are sufficiently different enough to those of the 75 (Milano to those of you in the US) and the 90 to make it worthwhile.

Hopefully someone will finish off this project.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Was told by the original poster the car sold six months ago. It gets resurrected every now and then by the cant get smogged in cali crowd.

Reactions: AkioOhtori

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update thanks

Was told by the original poster the car sold six months ago. It gets resurrected every now and then by the cant get smogged in cali crowd.
Thanks for the update. Didn't get a response via the PM I sent. This is the conversion project I have always wanted to do. This car looked like a great way to jump start that dream.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Bump

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Whatever happened to this Alfetta sedan?

Ray

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
This car showed up again very recently on Craigslist, if I'm not mistaken, and was done up with Milano seats and an Alfetta dash, all buttoned up. I think the asking price was $7k or so.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hm,

Looks like I missed another one.

Oh, well...

Ray

21 - 40 of 45 Posts