Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veloce replaced coil points plugs etc 12 v at coil. Where is this fuse under pass seat. Please help i know im overthinking it and its simple. Have fuel press and rolls over but no sparka

·
Registered
820 Posts
Veloce replaced coil points plugs etc 12 v at coil. Where is this fuse under pass seat. Please help i know im overthinking it and its simple. Have fuel press and rolls over but no sparka
did it have spark before you changed all those things ? and why did you change all those things ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hot Italian no spark

Well i like to do preventative maintenance. Shes close to 40 now needs a reconditioning. Plus it eliminates that old saying. " **** knew i should have replaced that. And Papajam thankyou for your insight.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well i like to do preventative maintenance. Shes close to 40 now needs a reconditioning. Plus it eliminates that old saying. " **** knew i should have replaced that. And Papajam thankyou for your insight.
preventative as in " i think ill prevent this car from running anymore " ? that will certainly keep the wear and tear down...

or do you mean that old saying " gee i had a perfectly good running car and changed a bunch of stuff and now it doesn't run " ?

its a points car. nothing gets any simpler than that. one hot wire to the pos side of the coil, take the cap off , flick the points open and closed and you should get a spark out of the coil wire. if you don't then either the condensor is grounded or bad or you new magic coil is bad or you simply wired everything wrong.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The car was acquired as a non-runner and has neither spark, fuel nor a stock distributor. A plan was created and repairs are proceeding.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The car was acquired as a non-runner and has neither spark, fuel nor a stock distributor. A plan was created and repairs are proceeding.
fair enough. but if all thats missing to run is spark and it has points , a condensor and a coil , then that becomes a two wire sytem to make spark...

a hot wire to coil pos and a single wire from coil neg to the dist ( assuming the dist is assembled correctly). at that point, any time the points open and close, if the condensor and coil are good, the coil should make a spark. if it does then you can move on from there. if it doesn't then your diagnostics just got a lot easier...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts