Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the outlet on the Bosch repl. Spica pump is only about 1/4". Should I still be using the 8mm size that the Spica pump has:confused:. Seems like it wouldn't tighten up properly.

8mm = .323
1/4" = .250

:(

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The outlet of the pump is not 1/4". 8mm hose fits perfect.
RT
I measured it. It's a tiny outlet. Nowhere near 8mm. It's IAP part #90104. The inlet a big hole but not the outlet.:confused:

I just called IAP. He measured one - says it 8mm. Dunno, but I'll look at it again tonight.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
The spare Bosch pump I have has a .31" outlet with the "expanded" nipple at the end at .34" (no rude comments from the peanut gallery please). A 8mm hose fits nicely. Don't want to belabor the obvious, but have you actually tried putting a 8mm hose on the end?

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spare Bosch pump I have has a .31" outlet with the "expanded" nipple at the end at .34" (no rude comments from the peanut gallery please). A 8mm hose fits nicely. Don't want to belabor the obvious, but have you actually tried putting a 8mm hose on the end?
:D Nope, don't even have an 8mm hose yet:(.

I did survey the situation a bit more though last night and :eek: not to belabor anything;), the outlet I guess could be (with a caliper) .31" but with a ruler looks like .25" (I'll concede to it being .31") and the expanded ****** is just a bit (I guess .31") smaller than 8mm.

I noticed that a 5/16" line was run from the end of the Spica electric pump to the metal line. I will replace that with 8mm. The line on there is 18" long but since the Bosch replace will not allow a 90 degree turn, I'll get a 2 footer as a replacement. I also :eek: noticed a slit in the (?) vapor line where it goes into the trunk. Never would have noticed it if I didn't pull it out a bit. That'll get replaced also.

RT - final questions.

1. On the line that comes out of the tank outlet to the filter inlet and the line that goes from the filter outlet to the fuel pump: mine has a braid on it. Without taking the lines off, do you know if the braid is part of the hose or can it be taken off and put on the new hose? and
2. the electrical connections - when I take the connections off the old pump, will I know how to connect them to the new pump as the new pump has 2 possibilities - one with small screw threads and the other with larger threads.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
That braid should just slip off the old line and onto the new. I believe it's a heat/abrasion shield of sorts.

On the electrical connections, the pos and neg posts are marked on the pump. You'll see the ground wire fastened to a ground point close to the pump and should be obvious. The other is the pos power feed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts