Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Have any of you found an effective tool for getting at the standard Alfa snap in place hose clamps? I have a few that have snapped closed in awkard positions where it is dificult to get a firm grip on both tabs to squeeze them together.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
27,161 Posts
Sears Craftsmen sells hose clamp pliers for use on those 164 hose clamps.

·
Premium Member
27,161 Posts
That is super fancy one, but they also have pair of pliers with notched floating ends that probably does not cost near as much as that. However, that is interesting set up I will have to check that out for another new tool toy.

None of these actual craftsmen set that I have but some close: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/search.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&keyword=hose+clamp+pliers&vertical=TOOL&cat=Mechanics+Tools

I have mine loaned out right now so can't see if they have a Sears part number on them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have known better. Instead of asking "if" you knew what to use, I should have known you did and just asked what it was. You guys never disappoint.

They should charge guys like me a monthly fee for this site and pay Steve, Charles, Michael and a few others a salary.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts