Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I can't believe it still but my mechanic accidently broke the three point horn push for my wooden Hellebore steering wheel. Has anybody any suggestions? The broken piece is missing. Are repro's available? Thanks :( Gordon

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Hi,
I can't believe it still but my mechanic accidently broke the three point horn push for my wooden Hellebore steering wheel. Has anybody any suggestions? The broken piece is missing. Are repro's available? Thanks :( Gordon
Hi Gordon, I think Classic Alfa in the UK may have what you need. Edit: Alfaholics in UK lists them.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ken,

I'll follow up on that.
That is an impressive list of transport under your name. Enjoy!

All the best,

Gordon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope this pic uploads. You can see the type and the broken piece sigh

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ditto!

Gordon
That is exactly how the steering wheel on my 1970 GTV looks like:(. If you show it to a non Alfa person they wont even notice it's missing. At least that is what I keep teling myself:D
Luis

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Luis,
I'm growing accustomed to it especially with the price of a full replacement :)

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I hope this pic uploads. You can see the type and the broken piece sigh
That broken piece is aluminum. The whole piece is removable so you could have it welded and then filed to fit and look good. Then keep looking until someone has a really ruined wheel that you can get the piece from.

FWIW

Ken

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again Ken. I've asked the mechanic to look out for the piece. Who ever in his shop broke it seemed to chuck it away..

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Hi, this BB is likely your best best.

So, change the title by using the advanced edit to something like Wanted: 1750 Shallow Dish Wooden Hellebore Horn Push Spokes to differentiate it from the deep dish later Hellebores. You can find 2 numbers on the back side of the lower spoke that will indicate the build month and year of the wheel.

Also just return this thread to active from time to time by doing your own responsce such as "still looking" and I bet soon you will find the part.

I have the equivalent parts for a deep dish Helebore that the wood was burned in a vehicle fire, alas that is no help to you.

Good Luck

Ken

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wanted: 1750 Shallow Dish Wooden Hellebore Horn Push Spokes

Thanks again Ken. Now trying to figure out the advanced editting :eek:
I'll see if this worked..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts