Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son Dan and I have been to Oklahoma twice this year, once for a ham radio get together at Claremore, and last saturday for a gunshow in Tulsa.
WOW there are a lot of trees broken on the way down there, I heard there was an Ice storm, but didnt know how bad it had been.
Hope no one or their ALFA's were hurt.

cliff

·
Registered
1973 GTV, 1969 GTV, TR4 & 1969 Roadrunner (long gone), 1967 & 1969 Corvettes
7,178 Posts
Except maybe for floods, ice (freezing rain) is the worst when it get on the power lines and trees.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks, Cliff. The Alfa was in the garage during the ice storm of '07. But the daily driver was in the driveway when a falling oak tree limb impaled it through the hood. Substantial and expensive damage to it when all was said and done. Oklahoma was dark and cold and has been a general mess ever since.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like Oklahoma is getting it again. the system moved south or we would be getting it here. the Governor just declared an emergency for all counties in Ok. Durn Ice.
cliff

·
Registered
434 Posts
The little roads are still a slushy mess but got a lot better today, main roads are also a bit dicy in places. Yesterday on the interstate I saw a Mustang slide, go all the way across the road in front of me, and hit the right side barrier. Guess he just got into some slushy stuff.

I just moved from Tucson, where it was 56* and sunny......hmmmmmm. :p It's ok, I had a very very compelling reason to relocate. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.