Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have everything for the hood latch assembly on my '64 Giulia Spider, except for part # 1483.40.043, SPRING, safety catch. Anyone know a source for these or have an extra one you don't need?

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not certain how frequently the Mods check the Classifieds, but I have decided to relocate this search to the Giulietta-Giulia forum as presenting it to the greater BB community has produced about 100 visitors, but no assistance.

I would have deleted this thread. but I have no idea as to how that is done from our side of the fence.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
1978 Spider 1984 Spider
462 Posts
my spider was missing the spring...I measured the latch where the spring is seated with a caliper and ordered a generic compression spring of the approximate diameter and guessed at the length. seems to work ok. not sure if what I got would fit your car.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odie,

Do you happen to have any photos of the spring you used and/or the finished assembly?

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
1978 Spider 1984 Spider
462 Posts
I can probably take some when I get home. Do you know if your car uses the same latch as a spider?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Odie,

It is a 1964 Giulia Spider. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Ray

·
Registered
1978 Spider 1984 Spider
462 Posts
I meant 115 Spider. mine is a 78 so that's what the spring I have works on. Not perfect but functional.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brian,

Not sure if this is a post sent specifically to me or a general BB notificatification, but I have taken to heart the warnings posted by both Mods and victims.

I encountered no less than a dozen scammers six years ago, when I was looking for a 101 Spider. Even a modicum of investigation exposed them for who they were,

Kudos to you guys as you do a great job of ferreting out these fiends.

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a photo of the item in question: Again, I do not know the source of this photo, but it is not original to me.

Thanks, Ray
003 - Copy.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
While I would rather find a good replacement spring, I may have to get some music wire and attempt to make one of these springs, myself.

However, I need to know the diameter of the wire and the measurements of the various components of the spring. Perhaps, some helpful soul would pay-it-forward and make a drawing of the spring and indicate the various measurements of it.

Thanks,

Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts