Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderiing if anyne had an extra retaining clip for the hood prop rod they want to sell or a clear photo of what it looks like.

Mike V

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hood Prop Retainer for 102

We continue to re-assemble parts on our Texas restoration. We have found the hole where the hood prop was probably attached, but we can't find any picture and don't have an idea of what the original looked like. Can someone, who has one installed, please post a picture.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We continue to re-assemble parts on our Texas restoration. We have found the hole where the hood prop was probably attached, but we can't find any picture and don't have an idea of what the original looked like. Can someone, who has one installed, please post a picture.
Do you need a picture of the actual prop rod or the clip that is used to secure it when the hood is closed, BTW is this a 2 liter or a 2600?

Alfamichele

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Mike,

I think this is what you are looking for. Approximate dimensions for the base are 20 mm x 35 mm with 5 mm holes spaced 16 mm apart. Height is 22 mm, 1 mm thick. These are rough numbers as the battery in my digital caliper has expired. I will see about getting a new battery so I can take better measurements. The piece is rather rigid, being more of a spring-steel rather than typical mild steel. Finding one would certainly be better than fabricating.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike,

I think this is what you are looking for. Approximate dimensions for the base are 20 mm x 35 mm with 5 mm holes spaced 16 mm apart. Height is 22 mm, 1 mm thick. These are rough numbers as the battery in my digital caliper has expired. I will see about getting a new battery so I can take better measurements. The piece is rather rigid, being more of a spring-steel rather than typical mild steel. Finding one would certainly be better than fabricating.

Steve
Steve, thanks for the post, I was trying to help 19Spider59 ,Tubut had posted a pic for me back in 2011, here is an additional pic

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
New battery in my caliper, but pretty much the same measurements. I will add that the actual clip portion is tapered to about 12.5 mm and the hole nearest the clip side is about 11 mm from the bend to the hole center. Holes are actually 4.8 mm. It's interesting that only the outboard screw hole is used (one screw). Let me know if you want pics from additional angles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mark and I send our thanks again. We were wondering why there was only one hole in the channel where we thought the retainer should be positioned.

Pete and Mark Rowe
Midlothian, Texas

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark and I send our thanks again. We were wondering why there was only one hole in the channel where we thought the retainer should be positioned.

Pete and Mark Rowe
Midlothian, Texas
I beleive its so the clip can be mounted further out if there is interference , mine only used one bolt also

Mike V

1 - 10 of 10 Posts