Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I need the hollow bolt that holds the hood cable in place near the latch and the barrel looking part that clamps the cable in place. ...Anyone have this that they could sell me???? my car is a 1960 spider.

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
At the latch end it should be a threaded barrel with a small pinch bolt; at the handle end it's a bolt and nut with a cable hole through it. At least that's how my cars are. I probably have one of either.

Andrew

·
Administrator
3,810 Posts
Agree with Andrew, I've just re-attached the cable to the handle on Dad's '57, is a 6mm bolt about an inch long in total. The hole is about 2 to 2.5mm in diameter and quite close to the head. If Andrew doesn't have one, I'll pull the one out the Spider again & take measurements and pictures of it for you.

The barrel adjuster is standard issue at any bike shop, along with a new rear brake cable. Try get a decent one as they have a Teflon inner and last a whole lot longer than the cheapo cables, also the pull effort with Teflon inner is much less. Make sure you get a brake cable and not a gear cable which is thinner.

Ciao
Greig

Giulietta's & bikes

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Anderw I need the the adjuster barrel and the the hollow bolt that holds the cable in place by the hood latch..I probably also need the brake cable bolt that holds the brake cable as well.

If you don't mind.... please check if you have these,,,Thanks!

Todd

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
When you say "latch" you mean the pull handle in the interior of the car?
Barrel clamps are available by the dozen in aircooled VW world, used for accel cables, heater cables, other stuff.
Will look, sure. I have a bag of this stuff.

Andrew

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope...I'm talking about the front of the car in the engine bay above the radiator.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think there is a hollow bolt with a nut that holds the cable in place and the barrel clamp.

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
Your car must have been changed, because as Greig and I said, it normally takes a barrel cable clamp there.
But I'll see if I have a through-bolt. Or you can just make one, put the bolt in a vise and drill it. They make jigs for that too.
Andrew

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep!

I may need one for the Emergency brake as well..Any chance you have these and the barrel?

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
Sorry, don't have. Various other models use the basic same piece as a ferrule on the outer housing, Giulia sedan hoods, Spider trunks, GTV trunks. You might look at some of those for it.
Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts