Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1991 has a hood from an LS but the badge is old and faded. I like the patina, but just for fun I'd like to add some new ones to the car. Both trunk and Hood. I'm looking at ebay, but if someone here has them, I'd rather support an alfisti. Thanks! Let me know where I can buy a set!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just discovered Alfissimo so I found some badges. BTW... what is the pipe diameter for the exhaust? I have an Anza exhaust and I'm curious to know what size the pipe is that mates with the muffler.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
So I see exhaust sizes listed as 2.5" for mid pipe and muffler.

The muffler I recently removed has an inlet size (ID) of 2.3". Pipe OD is 2.5". Measured with calipers.

I believe they go by OD for this piping. Just fyi, the dual inlets to the cat measured at 1.75"ID and 1.96" OD pipe. Replacement magnaflow cats list as dual 2" inlet and single 2.5" outlet.

·
Premium Member
15,884 Posts
"so I found some badges"

Be sure to apply car wax on the badges, esp so that it gets in and fills the small gap around the edge where the center part sits in the outer frame. These badges seem to let water seep in under the center part from that circular gap around the edge. The wax will help seal that area to keep water out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts