Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
and pull the lever marked "チョーク" or "Chōku" to get it started when cold.That should fix your problem.

Thank you :thumbup:. It looks like the thread hijacking post was deleted, so the above reply didn't make sense.

As far a seats go, its all up to you. You can choose to make things fit with work and craftsmanship. The only non-spider seats that can be bolted straight in are the Milano Verde (Recaro LS). Seats actually have model names, so you'll have to figure out whats in the Honda and design brackets for it.

No one replied to your post because its so random, we are not an all knowing oracle - sometimes no one knows? It takes someone to try...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
understandable.

If i can get a good deal on some s2000 seats i will document my process (but only post it if i succeed... otherwise nobody but me and my bank account will know :whistling:)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Seems to me that I remember some posts from Bianchi1 where he installed some Miata seats in his Spider without too many modifications to the seat rails.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Now that the cold start hi-jacker is gone, my post really makes no sense.
-
Anyway, I love driving my car long distances, but that seat is a back killer. Please let us know how it works. Lumbars everywhere are standing by.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's going to be a little while before I tackle this but I will keep updates when the madness begins.

First will be the soon to exist 'spare tire pan and weight distribution' thread if I can't search anything pre existing.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,537 Posts
I mean, if you're willing to fabricate the rails you can probably get any seat in a Spider, provided the width fits.

At least for the S4 seats, the stock bottom cushion can be improved by unriveting it from the seat and adding some extra foam to the big gaps under your butt. This helps keep you from getting into a slouched position. Not sure if the S3 cushions are the same.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mean, if you're willing to fabricate the rails you can probably get any seat in a Spider, provided the width fits.

At least for the S4 seats, the stock bottom cushion can be improved by unriveting it from the seat and adding some extra foam to the big gaps under your butt. This helps keep you from getting into a slouched position. Not sure if the S3 cushions are the same.
i wouldnt know where to start on fabricating something like that considering i would want the seat to still be adjustable.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
dunno if it helps, but S2000 seat rails are 16" apart (spider are 14"), according to this old photo on the web (the seat on the right is an old Honda Insight seat; that on the left an S2000)

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the s 200 seat fits a lot like my wrx seats. That may be biting off more than I can chew. I'll do some research and see if this is going to be doable without making this project to much bigger than it already is.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
i welded in mounts to the floor and tunnel so I could ' side mount my seats,, at 6" tall I wanted to sit a low as I cold in the car, the side mounts gave me about 3" lower butt holder:):) and my maita seat have seat warmers,, got them out of a Volvo 760 at pick and pull.. just removed the hardware and put in the maita seat.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,568 Posts
I had a Recaro seat in my spider years ago. The cheap and easy way to mount them is to use a steel square tube across the front two and rear two seat mounts. Bolt the tube down to the outside rail, bolt the inside seat rail through the tube into the original mount, and then bolt the outside seat rail to the end of the tube.

I have a set of Miata seats in a Berlina right now using the same method. You might sit higher depending on the seat.

If you don't have the S2000 seats already, Miata seats are cheap and plentiful, plus they have headrest speakers. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts