Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just bought a GTAM replica to go vintage racing with and was wondering where I could find the homologation papers in english on the web. I found them in french only. I have about a thousand questions but most might be answered with these papers.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Markus,

I am the new GTAM owner with questions. As for the homologation papers I guess I will get the french one translated to english. But until I get that done here is my first round of questions as to how the FIA cars were run in 71 and 72:
In the App K you have kategory G1(´66-´69) and G2(´70-´71)First of all you shoud build a car at app. K in kategorie G2 not G1! this is important. In G2 is more allowed!!!

What brakes were used front and rear? Ventalated disks?Up to ´71 the 2l series brake or the ATE Alloy brake( Porsche 911S), The Thikness of the brakedisc is free. at rear you have to use the series one
What was the weight of the cars?920Kg plus the anti rollbar!! c.a.30Kg

Do you know the suspension set ups(springs and bars)? FREE!!

My understanding is the 2 liter was run in FIA. Was this a 1750 block and crank with enlarged cylinders and pistons? More of a square motor than a 2 liter.The 84,00 bore of the liners is homologatet

What size wheels and tires were run in FIA? up to `71 are the wheels free, they have to fit under the fenders
Was the sliding block the only way the rear ends were run? My car has one but I like the watts link set ups.up to ´71 it is allowed to continue suspention points
Was the SPICA system run in FIA or was it carbs? FREE
Was a dry sump system run in FIA? don´t know

A little out of order but that is it for now. As you can see if I had the FIA papers this would be easy.

Thanks a lot for the help, o.k. MarkusSteve

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi scole,

as i wrote, one page per file, first page ist gtam1.1.jpg, second is gtam1.2.jpg, third gtam1.3.jpg and so on. Just change the numbers by hand!!!

Just checked it, it works.

Thomas

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK Thanks JohnT.

I thought the M was an addition to the GTA
like GT,
then GT Alleggerita, GTA
Then GTA + M (I always thought it meant modifica)
Like a modified GTA.

Looks like I need to get myself some literature.
Great to be on this site.
John.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've heard varying opinions on what the "m" stood for as well. At first I heard it was "Am" for America, but other things I have read say that the "m" stands alone and stands for modified or... something of the sort.?.?

·
Registered
214 Posts
According to my sources form ex-Autodelta personnel, they have always maintained the 'm' stands for maggiorata or enlarged

·
Registered
127 Posts
Definitely a "NO" to maggiorata, even the Alfa Romeo museum in Varese says that "Am" stands for america. That has been disussed so often...

Thomas

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I have purchased Alfa homologation forms for my car from Alex Beeler in
Switzerland, and believe he has the GTAm forms as well. Contact him at:

Alex Beeler [[email protected]]

He's a nice person, the price is reasonable, and has always dealt with me
professionally. I believe they may be available either in paper or
electronic form. If I were starting on such a project, this is the first
few dollars I'd spend.

Edit: The forms are in Italian, as submitted by the Automobile Club D'Italia to the FIA. There are no "Official" translations to english that I'm aware of, ie these are the "papers". I have found them reasonably easy to work with, a 40DCOE is a 40DCOE, gear ratios are gear ratios, etc. Many units of measure are given in metric & english units. With a little internet translation or specific question/posts on this BB you can make them work. Lots of pictures, they also are "readable" in English.

Wil

·
Registered
214 Posts
nda9h, Irrespective of what you read , what I'm telling you is what the Autodelta personnel ( the N0.1 (first)Autodelta mechanic, who developed these cars explained the designation to me!Have you ever owned a real GTAm. as my GTAm engine was buillt by the above said mecahnic! Most of the readers here do not have the privilige of inside knowledge of what happened at Autodelta as I have!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, OK. Insider knowledge often tells the true stories compared to the "official versions"... but i just repeated what the "official" sources say to the Am and what were the results of the discussions in many, many forums.
Never had the luck to own an original GTAm...

Thomas

1 - 20 of 29 Posts