Alfa Romeo Forums banner
281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Hi Jeff - can you clarify something you did, please? It looks like you removed the seam sealer whilst cleaning up the engine bay. What happened there?
I sanded the edges of the seam sealer back off, but left it deep in the seams. Also when it is all painted it should keep the moisture away from the seams anyway :D

Reactions: iachella

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I'm subscribed and have been following this entire build. Crazy amount of work, but well worth it in the end! Jeff, is not giving any hint of what colour this Alfarrari will be, but I'm guessing it won't be black!

Reactions: Home Built by J

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
I'm subscribed and have been following this entire build. Crazy amount of work, but well worth it in the end! Jeff, is not giving any hint of what colour this Alfarrari will be, but I'm guessing it won't be black!
Haha. If anyone follows me enough, they will know that I rage against the monotonous sea of monochrome cars that this current world of lemmings love. So it is a safe guess that I wont be painting this (or any car) white, black or silver ;)

Reactions: GTA Alfa

·
Administrator
17,580 Posts
Haha. If anyone follows me enough, they will know that I rage against the monotonous sea of monochrome cars that this current world of lemmings love. So it is a safe guess that I wont be painting this (or any car) white, black or silver ;)
Well said!

White cars are taxis
Black cars are because you have no imagination
Silver cars are because you really don't care what colour the cucking car is

Just my humble opinion :D
Pete

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Well said!

White cars are taxis
Blank cars are because you have no imagination

Pete
Glad I am not alone in my grumpy old man rage ;)

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Well said!

White cars are taxis
Blank cars are because you have no imagination

Pete
Taxis are traditionally yellow over here. A lot of the monochrome is automakers saving production costs and dealers not wanting less popular colors sitting on the lots unsold.

Anyhow, I could guess yellow as a possibility. It would be the best taxi ever.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You know an ALFA makes silver look really good
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Reactions: gprocket

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
I have been putting a ton of work into the Alfarrari over the past couple of weeks and I have made a big dent into smoothing out the body work. Inching ever closer to paint.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yeah I thought my taxi comment might get a response about them being yellow in America. So yeah, my car is a taxi :D

BTW GTVs look great in white
Pete
I’ve always felt that a car that has good lines will still look good in white.

But am I the only one that see’s the irony of us now heading towards channeling Joni Mitchells protest song about over development on a thread that is about someone who lives in beautiful country NSW creating something new from old things? How the mind wanders…..

Reactions: Home Built by J

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
This week I continue to fine tune the body work and show you the method I use to get perfect bonnet gaps on the Alfarrai.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
This week I continue on the seemingly never ending filler work on the Alfarrari and show how I get perfect, crisp, straight, body lines.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Yeah I couldn't do the tape thing. Eye sight not good enough anymore so always wrong for me

I found drawing the line worked better for me because then I could stand back and adjust until happy
Pete
Whatever works for you. I had to do a heap of adjustments until I was happy. It actually took a lot more time than it looked on the video ;)
Now I have them established they should be easier to pick up again each time now :D

Reactions: PSk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Another double week of work on the Alfarrari for a final push to get the body work finished and we are finally in high fill primer, but not without a hiccup.

281 - 298 of 298 Posts