Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how I might repair the three horn buttons on the steering wheel of my 1982 Spider, a Holloboro steering wheel. The heart of the wheel, where the three button spokes are attached and where the electrical switches are, seems to be plastic (polypropylene?) and is currently cracked in a number of places. The wheel is a very nice one, I would very much like to save it. Thanks!

Klig

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Alfa parts vendors sell the three, off-white plastic, oblong insulators that isolate the horn pushes from the spokes. Classic Alfa sells them as p/n MI 021. See: MI021 SET HORN PUSH SURROUNDS - 57mm LONG

Are you sure the brand of your wheel isn't "Hellebore", named after Eurasian genus Helleborus consists of approximately 20 species of herbaceous or evergreen perennial flowering plants in the family Ranunculaceae? You know, these things:

·
Premium Member
1978 Spider
497 Posts
I got a set for my Hellebore from Classic Alfa, perfect fit.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Alfa parts vendors sell the three, off-white plastic, oblong insulators that isolate the horn pushes from the spokes. Classic Alfa sells them as p/n MI 021. See: MI021 SET HORN PUSH SURROUNDS - 57mm LONG

Are you sure the brand of your wheel isn't "Hellebore", named after Eurasian genus Helleborus consists of approximately 20 species of herbaceous or evergreen perennial flowering plants in the family Ranunculaceae? You know, these things:

But do you know why they named it after a plant?

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
hellebore in greek mythology was a cure for madness.
alfa on the other hand is more like the cause of madness:)

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Does anybody know how I might repair the three horn buttons on the steering wheel of my 1982 Spider, a Holloboro steering wheel. The heart of the wheel, where the three button spokes are attached and where the electrical switches are, seems to be plastic (polypropylene?) and is currently cracked in a number of places. The wheel is a very nice one, I would very much like to save it. Thanks!

Klig
Hi Klig. If your steering wheel is a Hellebore, as is likely, you should be able the edit correct your title (look top right of the post 3 dots) and as I am confused as to what is broken some pictures may help your quest.

Ciao

Ken

·
Premium Member
369 Posts

Klig
Klig, take a look at this, it might be what you need. Alfa Romeo Steering Wheel Horn Button NOS | eBay

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

·
Premium Member
1978 Spider
497 Posts
A photo pr two would go a long way here. Seems like there is some confusion on what parts you are looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts