Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

I'm a owner of an 2004 Alfa Romeo GT

My little sister want's to visit your beautiful town next April.

So - I want to ask you for tipps to visit. Example Central Park, Empire State Building etc. Maybe there is an Alfa-meet this time or so ?

Can you help me ?

Thx a lot

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hello Alfa-GT

Why dont you visit our club website <nyaroc.org> for specific Alfa information. We are planning a visit to the Culinary Institute of America, which is one of the premier colleges in the USA for students wanting be chefs, in April. It is about 80kms north of Manhattan and we probably could arrange for a club member to take you. We will be having a lunch prepared by the students. The cost is about $40.00 US, per person.

Also, each Sunday morning at 8AM, we have an informal breakfast meeting at a local restaurant, about 24kms east of Manhattan on Long Island. The cost is $10.00 US

Where are you from ? Of course we are all jealous of your beautiful 2004 Alfa, since they are not yet available here, not until MY 2009.

As to specific things, yes Central Park is very nice and you get a fantastic view from the top of the Empire State Building (King Kong will not block your view) There are two world famous museums that are on the side of the Park. On the eastern side at 81st Street and Fifth Avenue is the Metropolitan Museum of Art. On the western side at 79th Street and Central Park West is the American Museum of Natural History and the Hayden Planetarium. That museum was the setting of the movie, Night in the Museum, with Ben Stiller and Robin Williams.

Great fun is to be had by taking the boat ride around Manhattan Island, about 3 hours, or at the southern tip of Manhattan, the boat ride to The Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island. Ellis Island is the site of arrival of most of those who came to America from Europe. Also near the southern tip of the island is Ground Zero, where the Twin Towers stood on September 11th.

So, tell me what your specific interests are and then I will be able to make better suggestions.

Regards,

David
Member,Board of Directors NYAROC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello Alfa-GT

Where are you from ? Of course we are all jealous of your beautiful 2004 Alfa, since they are not yet available here, not until MY 2009.
Thx for the tipps :)

I'm from Munich in Germany. I'm a member in the local Alfa-Club and the biggest GT-Community alfa-gt.de
With my friends from Munich we often drive through the Alps till Italy and back :D Look:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hello from New York,

Beautiful pictures, lovely cars.

Also, visit website <www.nyctrip.com> or simply enter "new york city tourism" as a key word.

If you need any specific information, please let me know.

Regards,

David
59 Giulietta Sprint
66 GTA
81 GTV6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts