Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Some time ago I replaced the dashboard in my 1986 spider and had the replacement covered in leather. Recently I noticed a small hole beneath the speedometer. Any idea what it's for?

Thanks!

Bruce

·
Registered
9 Posts
Reckon that could be for the trip counter reset? On mine I don't have the hole and it's dangling behind the dashboard.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
looks like a hole for one of the screws to remove the dash
There would have been a blank over it on the original dash
find a nice rubber blanking plug that fits... and Bob's your uncle;)
dash screw blank.JPG

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Blinker fluid drain hole.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
looks like a hole for one of the screws to remove the dash
There would have been a blank over it on the original dash
find a nice rubber blanking plug that fits... and Bob's your uncle;)
View attachment 1665807
Dom, Are you really German? Your wording and use of slang is not typical of Germans. I used to think you sounded American in your choice of words. Now with "bob's your uncle", more British or Australian. ;)

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Dom, Are you really German? Your wording and use of slang is not typical of Germans. I used to think you sounded American in your choice of words. Now with "bob's your uncle", more British or Australian. ;)
Grandpa was German
but myself born in Dublin....if asked, I'm Irish as is my passport:)
But yes, my elder brothers all grew up in Santa Barbara in the 50's...so some americanisms passed on to me I suppose.

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
562 Posts
Blinker fluid drain hole.
Very important! I sent a sample of mine out to Blackstone for analysis and it came back clear, thank God! I was relieved because replacing the gonculator is really a tough job.

David OD
Laguna CA

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Grandpa was German
but myself born in Dublin....if asked, I'm Irish as is my passport:)
But yes, my elder brothers all grew up in Santa Barbara in the 50's...so some americanisms passed on to me I suppose.
Now that explains a lot!😂
I am German by parents (Landwehr) but forgot most since I haven’t spoken it for 40 years.
if we ever meet, you can buy me a pint of Guinness and I will buy you a pint of Landwehrbrau.😊

1 - 11 of 11 Posts